What's new

What do we actually know about the Parker Safety Razors?

Both three piece Baili heads are very good, especially the one Razorock brands as the Tek II/DE2. All of the cheap Razorock heads -- Mentor, Slab, SLOC/Yaqi, I've had fine luck with. German 37. I presume the new Fine Marvel and PAA Ascension SS are of Chinese manufacture. Both really good. Rockwell 6C. My Pearl OC (Indian) paired with the SLOC head is great. I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch but that's a start with just what I have that come to mind..

I don't have any Parker, I think about the Variant but honestly my vintage Progress is fine.

Which would you recommend? I know their tech is grade A

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Someone mentioned on a post weeks ago that Razorock handles are not made in Canada but China. Not sure if that is accurate. I thought the whole razor was Canadian. If true, not a deal breaker or something that bothers me. I guess it is again, interesting.

There seem to be more than a couple people that don’t like Rockwell production going to China.

Again, watch guy here. Maybe we could come up with a certification of where something is produced and where the parts come from. Like a Geneve certification for watches actually produced in Geneva. Doesn’t matter to me one way or the other, just something that could be done.

Rockwell 6C production has always been in China.

Italian Barber has never claimed their handles were made in North America .

It's a pretty safe bet to presume Asian production unless a vendor specifically indicates otherwise.

Someone mentioned on a post weeks ago that Razorock handles are not made in Canada but China. Not sure if that is accurate. I thought the whole razor was Canadian. If true, not a deal breaker or something that bothers me. I guess it is again, interesting.

There seem to be more than a couple people that don’t like Rockwell production going to China.

Again, watch guy here. Maybe we could come up with a certification of where something is produced and where the parts come from. Like a Geneve certification for watches actually produced in Geneva. Doesn’t matter to me one way or the other, just something that could be done.

Last edited:
Rockwell 6C production has always been in China.

Italian Barber has never claimed their handles were made in North America .

I never said Italian Barber made this claim, only mentioned what I heard about the possible location of handle production on this forum. I always assumed Canada in the past but truly don’t care and don’t base my buying habits on the location of production.

From what I read basically everywhere, 6S production is moving to China shortly.

All should assume China unless otherwise indicated. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I never said Italian Barber made this claim, only mentioned what I heard about the possible location of handle production on this forum. I always assumed Canada in the past .

Last edited:
I have no problem with goods being produced in China. What I do have a problem with is creating a cute story about how you were so intrigued to make better razors that you bought a super efficient 0.5 million CNC machine and started producing home, while you just rebrand some mass goods made in China. That I don't like. Tell it like it is, like for example Wileyfox in phone business.

But to be on topic - Waiting for my 24c to be delivered. :)

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
A Delhi-based company, "Single Sons", manufactures a number of shavette products that are very similar to Parker and sell them under the names "Taiwan Shaver", "Disco" and "Doctor Plus".
x1bq2VoL1580977782-810x1080.jpeg

This stainless "Taiwan Shaver" that is almost the same as the familiar Parker Srx" except for the carving.
As can be seen from the photos, the quality is also very similar.
taiwanshaverhygienicspl-500x500.png

Amazingly, we also often see circular stickers with the Chinese characters "台湾/Taiwan" on Parker shavette.
IMG_20220912_195253.jpg

IMG_20220912_200244.jpg

So guess "Single Sons" may be Parker's shavette manufacturer.

Regular Parkers are supposed to use star stickers, so maybe production confusion or they think the stickers have nothing to do with quality, causing the stickers to be different.
Parker-SRB-Stainless-Steel-Shavette-Shaving-Straight-Razor-1_1024x1024.jpg

I have contacted by mail and facebook to inquire, but unfortunately have not received an official response.

Last edited:
Top Bottom