What's new

Old Bee-Kay straight razor- anyone know anything about it?

So I recently helped my mother move into a retirement community, and in the process of packing her things, I found an ancient straight razor that as best as she could recall, was either my grandfather's or my great-grandfather's.

It's from the Boetticher-Kellogg Co. from Evansville, Indiana, and is also labeled "Bee-Kay" and in smaller letters, "Germany".

Googling it hasn't been much help- all I could find is that Boetticher-Kellogg was basically a hardware company. But nothing about the razor itself.

Anyone know anything about this razor?

20220117_164034.jpg
20220117_164048.jpg

That is fantastic! There does not appear to be much hone wear. And those scales appear to be natural (horn, I think). So a bit of neatsfoot oil should bring them right back. The minor faults on the scale just add character. What a great inheritance!

A lot of those strange branded razors are actually manufactured by larger named companies. I have a razor that says its from the US but is marked made in Germany but had a strange pattern embossed around the tang near the shoulder.....after a little bit of research and it turned out to be made my F.W. Engels and was the Leader model, just re-branded and made just for who ever was selling it at the time. Since yours has the Germany stamp on it it will probably hold a great edge and can easily be put back into service.

Here is a brief history on the company on the box!

Hope that helps you out!

Larry

Top Bottom