What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

IMG_0994.jpeg

Goatlander’ing 🙌

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend (tallow formula)
Brush
Paladin PK 47
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Henson AL++
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
I am going with a different razor today: the Henson AL++. I loaded a Feather blade in the razor. Normally, I only use Feather blades in the Feather AS-D2. However, since the Henson ++ is a mild razor I thought I would try it. The Feather did an excellent job. The shave was smooth and close. Today I used one of my Paladin PK47 Paladin brushes. Unlike yesterday’s Yaqi synthetic, the PK 47 easily loaded the soap. The Haslinger tallow soap made an excellent lather. This was the 20th day I used the soap. The shave was perfect. Have a wonderful day, folks.

Pre-Shave: Grooming Dept Unscented Pre-Shave
Soap: Zingari Man The Brewer
Brush: Wild West Brushworks / DG B4
Razor: Blackland Vector SS
Blade: Feather Professional (7)
Post-Shave: ETHOS Grooming Essentials Skin Food Splash
Rating: 10 / 10 - Sometimes I get a whiff of pineapple, then some grapefruit and then a citrusy IPA from the tub.
20240518SOTDa.jpg

Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Stirling Soap Barbershop
Brush: Jequil & Corenveo 24mm
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 - Knurled Handle
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman
Rating: 10/10

Folks, I'm on a roll here. I don't know if it's my technique or (as I actually suspect) my choice of blades lately (an increasingly narrowing group) but I'm getting fantastic shaves almost every time now. Another 10/10 this morning.
Second shave with the new Edwin Jagger and it was, as always, smooth and wonderful.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Stirling Soap Barbershop
Brush: Jequil & Corenveo 24mm
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 - Knurled Handle
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman
Rating: 10/10

Folks, I'm on a roll here. I don't know if it's my technique or (as I actually suspect) my choice of blades lately (an increasingly narrowing group) but I'm getting fantastic shaves almost every time now. Another 10/10 this morning.
Second shave with the new Edwin Jagger and it was, as always, smooth and wonderful.

proxy.php
So nice when it all comes together.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Pre-shave • King C. Gillette Face Wash

Cream • Musgo Real Classic Scent

Bowl • CaYuen (Large)

Brush • Connaught Omega Jade

Razor • 1964 Gillette Super Speed

Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)

*Warm Shower*

Aftershave • Thayers Unscented + Gillette Cool Wave Splash

Eye Gel • Neutrogena Hydro Boost

A great Saturday morning shave. A little over two days of growth knocked down. No weepers or irritation. The lovely GF really likes the Gillette Cool Wave splash. It's date night. ❤️

10/10.

Have a blessed day, friends.

Now Playing •

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Aluminum Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Nacet (5)
Soap/Cream: Jack Black Supreme Cream & Barbasol 1919
Bowl: N/A
Brush: N/A
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & Seaforth's Black Watch AS
Rating: 10/10 A comfortable efficient 2 pass (ATG & WTG) BBS shave with two touch ups, no weepers, cuts or irritation. Mixed the two creams 50/50 and seemed to have the best of both, a mild lather & great slickness - Who knew. A very good shave.

Saturday's shave -

Razor: Parker Variant (2.5) and Maggard V3M for under-the-nose edging
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Pre-shave: Vintage Colgate barber shave soap (rub into wet skin and rinse, leaving skin slick)
Lather: Cremo
Aftershave: Aloe vera gel followed by Bricktown Grooming "Bazaar" splash

Great shave--the Variant is a nice razor. I used the Tech-like Maggard V3M for under-nose edging. Smooth and irritation-free 👍

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, May 18th 2024

Razor : Yaqi Tile head 316 SS with a taper hollowed brass nickel handle. Mfg 2021>, mild to tame mid range. Excellent machining and unpolished head are great for my shaving needs. Construction design resembles many other modern razors that are being used IMO. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : GSB(2) sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier
Soap : Razorock Emperor, unique cologne linear scent that works for most folks + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " Moka Express" 24 mm synthetic knot. Excellent lather generator, gentle cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Nice overall brush!
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Emperor with witch hazel+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Tile razor with a GSB blade.
SOTD May 18 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Saturday, May 18, 2024

Hardware
RazorEdwin Jagger DE89
BladeTreet Platinum (2 / 10) [7]
BrushSemogue SOC Boar (Taj)

Software
Pre-
LatherStirling Unscented with Beeswax (Sample) [7]
PostClubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Rating
9 / 10

Notes
-

From "How International Were You Today?"
Italy Razor: Fatip old Ver. 1
USA Razor Handle: Custom Weber bulldog threaded for Fatip
Russia Blade: Nacet
England Brush: Kent BK8 (an old one, logo worn off but still glorious!)
Philippines Soap/Splash: A&E SoCal Hipster
Japan Tenor Sax: Yamaha YTS-62 1978 Purple Logo
Kazakhstan Results:
1716048749947.png

1716048675162.png

Rockwell T2 SS with a Kai (1)
Rockwell 20mm brush
Rockwell Razors Barbershop Shaving Cream
Lustray Blue Spice After Shave
Nivea Sensitive Balm

Haven't seen much love for the Rockwell, so decided to shave with it today. When shaving, it does sound chattery, but the blade is clamped down. I think it's because of the hollowness of the head, being an adjustable with a butterfly door. I zoomed around on setting 6, which did cause a few weepers. Even on setting 6, it's still a mild razor. Mostly stainless steel in construction and worth the purchase, but wait till Black Friday sale and stack a coupon. I have this paired with a Norton Custom Design case off Etsy for the perfect travel razor. Most of my razors are over a 9 and the ones below didn't stay in the den. The weepers this time around were caused by me not being more careful. I love the versatility of adjustables with solid construction. The blade is aligned every time on this razor and the doors open and close evenly. No complaints, just below the R41 and Aviation 94, a score of 9.18/10
20240518_123807.jpg

20240517_083329.jpg

Razor: Gillette Goodwill #160
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Scorpion SB in Silvermist
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Noble Otter Plunder
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Ten