What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

IMG_0939.jpeg

Ares V2 • Wizamet • Leonidam • Declaration Grooming

💯 😎

SOTD: 05/14/2024

Razor: Parker Variant
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Bowl: Timeless Razors Blue Bowl Bowl
Preshave: Executive Shaving Pre Shave Oil Oil
Soap: Henri Et Victoria Cognac And Cuban Cigars Croap
Balm: Henri Et Victoria Cognac And Cuban Cigars Balm
Fragrance: Drakken Noir EdC

Ok shave with a 2 day growth. Felt a decent amount of burn this morning and not sure if it was a poor lather build or the pre shave working against my lather or the fresh blade. I am still on the fence about the pre shave oil. Don’t know if it is doing any good. Really enjoy the balm as it leaves a slight grease feel but dries very quickly and leaves my skin feeling smooth. Love the AS balm scent, thought the edc might mask it but it’s still coming through sting.

- Shared from My Shave Den for iOS

Attachments

• IMG_0652.jpeg
    IMG_0652.jpeg
    784.9 KB · Views: 2

GRUME 14 May 2024

Bobby B’s Daily Shave Report

1715686193109.jpeg

TODAY’ SHAVE AND CLEANUP:

Water
Razor(s)
Shaving Blade
Buffing Blade
Prep
Soap
Brushes
Rain (small
container)
Prep Cold Shave Hot​
KCG Shaving
VDH Buffing & tight spots​
Bic Chrome
#56 of 100
Shave #
King C. Gillette
7 of 10
Cube 2.0 Menthol
Left Timeless Blue Bowl​
Noble Otter Lonestar
Right
Timeless Blue Bowl​

Noble Otter​
1 Prep
2 Lathering

Passes
Quality
Rating
Nicks
Weepers
Stubble
2​
BBS​
10.0​
0​
0​
Very light​

Comments: A superb smooth face feel shave this morning. Nothing to complain about.

Cleanup:
  • Rinsed & dried face
  • Witch Hazel Dickinsons f/b buffing
  • A/S Aqua Musk f/b buffing
  • Omega Alum stick
  • Deodorant: Mennen Speed Stick

Day 14 of all injector
Schick Adjustable on 2.5
2nd shave Topco platinum chrome injector
Level 3 gel
8/10 two pass.

The L3 gel is tricky for me to use, because it’s clear, and I take a lot of cues from how the shaving cream is coming off my face. However, it was able to produce a perfectly acceptable work-day shave.

Evening shave - 5/13/24
Razor: KCG
Blade: Ladas Stainless Steel (1/5) (2)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: Omega 81052 Banded Boar
Aftershave: Stetson Cooling Moisture
Rating: 8.5/10, DFS+
Last night's shave was one with a bit of irritation. I decided to bowl lather for some reason and I thought it looked like good lather. Maybe I am just trying to blame something else than myself, but the first two passes WTG, XTG was just like normal, but for some reason the ATG was a bit rough. I ended up with neck tenderness and a weeper and still this morning I can feel the tenderness. Still a very close and presentable shave.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend (tallow formula)
Brush
Omega EVO
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Merkur 37C
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & TOBS ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
I switched razors today and picked the Merkur 37C. I loaded the razor with a fresh Wizamet blade. I am a fan of slant razors and this one was the second slant I bought. I can always count on this razor to give a nice, smooth shave. Today’s brush is my first synthetic brush – an Omega 81052. The brush made excellent lather with the Haslinger soap. This was the 15th day I used the soap. The shave was perfect. Have a wonderful day, folks.

Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Hardware
RazorEdwin Jagger DE89
BladeTreet Platinum (2 / 10) [2]
BrushSemogue Pegasus Boar

Software
PreThayer’s Lavender
LatherStirling Unscented with Beeswax (Sample) [2]
PostClubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Rating
9 / 10

Notes
Treet Platinum seems like it might be a real winner. Sharp, yet very comfortable. I didn’t have a good opportunity to test longevity on the first blade in this tuck as I was traveling over the weekend, so we’ll see how this one lasts, now I’m back home, in my usual routine.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Tuesday, May 14th 2024

Razor : Yaqi 2nd Generation Mellon 316 SSP head with a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SSP handle. Mfg 2023>, mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC with excellent design. Audio feedback is unique (sizzling sound when snipping whiskers) is the best way to describe it. I have found it a good top rotation razor in my shave den and one of my better purchases over the years.
Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning.
Blade : GSB (3) sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier blade IMO.
Soap : Razorock Irish countryside, interesting unique scent with some of the best lather qualities i have used.
Brush : Yaqi "Rainbow" 26mm brown whiskers synthetic. Excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Irish Countryside splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my Yaqi 2nd Gen Mellon head with a GSB blade. I receive nice shaves with this razor !
SOTD May 14 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Tuesday Morning Stubble Scythe

Rating: 9.8 /10 Fantastic

Little Made-Rite badger did well with the TOBS cream. Just had to dip twice for three passes
and a face wash. 17th Use on the Kai blade and it's performing like new. Amazing AC blade.

RazoRock Hawk V3A Razor
Kai Protouch MG Blade (17X)
Made-Rite No. 52 Pure Badger Brush
TOBS Lime Zest Cream Sample
Citrus Musk Splash On

Myrsol Agua de Limon Aftershave

B90FDD82-00A9-47AA-82C3-251A3A042642-compressed.jpeg

Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Stirling Soap Deep Blue Sea
Brush: Maggard 24mm
Razor:
Razorock Game Changer 68-P
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Post shave: Gillette Gel
Rating: 9.8/10

Another predictably wonderful shave using elements that have proven themselves repeatedly with the possible exceptions of the Deep Blue Sea soap, which lathers just fine, of course, but the scent of which doesn't do much for me, nor does it last long.
Nonetheless, it did provide a nice cushion and it was yet another in a long line of terrific shaves.

proxy.php

Tuesday morning shave:

Pre-Shave
Warm Shower; Musgo Glyce Lime
Soap/Cream
Cella Bio Organic Soap
Brush
Semogue Owners Club Boar (White Acrylic handle)
Razor
SCS Model A Aluminum (AKA TRC Black Aluminum DE)
Blade
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Aftershave
Cold water rinse; Alum Block; Nivea AS Balm; Cella Bio AS Splash
Fragrance
Rating
8.5/10
Comments
One day growth.

Another fine shave with the SCS razor.

I had some irritation on the right side of my neck that was not evident to me yesterday. I could feel it while lathering with the brush and confirmed by the alum. Hopefully it will be toned down by tomorrow.

Three passes and one clean up.

No nicks.
No cuts.
Some residual irritation from yesterday's shave.

DFS+

Have some great shaves!

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Timeless Ti .68SB with the Crown Handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Varen
Bowl: The CaYuen Workshop Medium Damascus Textured Wet Shaving Lathering Bowl
Brush: AP Shave Co Disco Handle Muhle 25mm STF XL Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & Seaforth's Black Watch AS
Rating: 10/10 A comfortable efficient 3 pass BBS shave with no touch ups, weepers, cuts or irritation. An excellent shave!

Top Bottom