What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Thanks Phoenixkh!!! I am very happy with them and was pleasingly surprised when I started using and how comfortable it felt in my hand.
I have ordered the Spiral for a little variety and can’t wait to see how it feels. A little shorter handle yes, but a nice looking addition when it arrives in a day or two.
I was a bit surprised at how fast their shipments arrive. Their "standard" shipping gets to me in three days.

Dude, you got the proraso shave bowl! If I remember correctly, I recommended that to you, for a good quality cheap plastic bowl. I truly hope that you love it, and the way you can whip up a lather in only 30-seconds in it. Plus you could drop it, and it won't break! And I see your even using the matching Proraso GREEN shave soap, thats some good stuff for a cheap soap, I was kind of surprised. I've never tried that aftershave though, is it good?

Once your in this hobby for at least a month of wet shaving, then you will be hunting down the artisan soaps. When your ready to begin looking, there are two major brands that I recommend that make high quality soap, yes, other then Tabac. Captains Choice, and Stirling Soaps. Both have quality soaps in that regard. I think this is the first SOTD post I've seen from you, I was very happy to see it!

Yep Proraso bowl is very good indeed, thanks for the tip! It helped a lot and it’s also great it wont break if I‘d drop it. That Green Proraso is my second soap ever which I had before that bowl. Regarding other soaps, yep Stirling is what I plan in future but now I have 3 soaps in rotation so I’m good :)

Regarding that Denim Tribal, it’s (not that)old italian Denim aftershave from 70s. it was kind of popular in Europe back in the day. I like their Original one better then this one. Their Original is similar “signature” scent like Old Spice original. Like you use it and everybody knows.

24.05.22 - 24/31 (77.42% completed of GRUME in May) and still in! Entering the final stretch!

Really nice experience today and looking forward to tomorrow's shave with basically the same line up as today.

Prep:
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Razor:
Fatip Piccolo OC
Blade:Tiger Platinum (2)
Brush:
Omega Black Badger
Cream:
Proraso Green
Bowl:
Proraso
Passes:
WTG - Gillette Slide (NE-SW and E-W horizontal on the neck)
W/XTG - Gillette Slide (NW-SE and S-N on the neck)
X/ATG - Slightly slanted (SW-NE)
ATG - Slightly slanted (S-N and W-E horizontal on the neck).
Aftershave:
Proraso Green
Balm:
Proraso Green
Rating:
9.5/10 BBS

Extended notes from today's shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11780908

Have a Great day everyone.

SOTD

Razor: Timeless Ti .95
Blade: Perma-Sharp (2)
Soap: Fine Barber Blue
Brush: Simpson M7 Super
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper
AS: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

0A35DB36-E6BE-4F0E-B8AD-9FCB586F9233.jpeg

9.5/10
Another Outstanding Shave! :001_wub:

05/24/22

Preshave: Shea butter last night and PAA Mentholated Cube in the shower.
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper.
Brush: Rudy Vey 2019 LE Manchurian.
Soap: Martin de Candre Vetyver.
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB / Gillette Fat Tech Handle.
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (15).
Splash: Fine Green Vetiver with a ton of menthol.
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream.
Frag: Guerlain Homme.
Rating: DFS+ 9.7.

I was a bit surprised at how fast their shipments arrive. Their "standard" shipping gets to me in three days.
Their customer service is superb!!! And they will actually pick up the phone if you call them…..With that said, sometimes after the product leaves their door, the delivery days can be the luck of the draw.
Buyer beware regarding carrier service.😉

Soap: Stirling Electric Sheep
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Brush: Simpson Eagle G3 pure
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Lilac Vegetal

Felt like using some of my all time favorites today. Electric Sheep, for me, is a no brainer. My Eagle G3 is perfect. The Le Grelot is my favorite razor of all time, and I can't think of a better aftershave than The Veg this time of year.

Feeling fortunate.

10/10

Schick Krona Blade 1 Shave 3

Winning razor
Vintage Schick Krona blade (Courtesy of @Grundi and @Space_Cadet)
@Graydog brush hand made from maple that grows in his yard. The knot is an AP Full Moon 24mm
M&M Barbershop De Los Muertos (Kodiak base)
Test sample aftershave from @Captain Pre-Capsize (Captains Choice) that was a pre-curser to his Italia aftershave

9.5/10
Another great 3 pass shave today. I did feel a little irritation on one of my trouble spots that I buffed a little too much but when I hit the spot with some aftershave, I didn't feel any burn or soreness, so I don't know what is up with that. I think I might do one more shave with this blade and then use a Personna Red next shave for comparison. The Personna is my smoothest blade and I want to gauge the Krona against my favorite.

Krona Winning BDLM.jpg

tempImagexrqhSY.jpg

Brush: 24mm Faux horse
Lather: Stirling Deton-8
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley with OC-C plate

Looking back over some recent notes, I feel like when I choose a razor with less blade gap and exposure, I am likely to have a less comfortable shave. I think I tend to add pressure to get the same blade feel as a razor with more blade exposure, and we all know what happens with too much pressure. Still, this wasn't a bad shave, just not up to par with my usual results. I can give it a 8.5/10.

I gave the top cap a fresh shine after this picture and it's really looking good. I'm leaving the knurled part of the handle unpolished for contrast. The patina on the handle is developing very slowly and very evenly.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Top Bottom