What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

WR1 .74 SB
Schick Plus Platinum
Ethos Greenfresh
Graydog Black Walnut w/ Maggards 26mm SHD
Thayers
Ethos Unscented Skin Food splash
TSD Bourbon & Vanilla

10/10
IMG_4081.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20201125_072919~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Blackbird SB
Blade: Silver Star (5 and retired)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Venom Handle (TNS 26mm Timberwolf Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Fragrance: Enforce Homme Eau de Cologne Spray (ParfumsBelcam version of Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce)

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Excellent shave. :cool:

Tonight's Shave: RR GC .68 OC, KAI (5), Stirling menthol soap, Proraso Red pre-shave, Stirling Naked and Smooth with a little Proraso Green cream, Fine Snake Bite splash, Proraso Green balm, DFS. 5th shave with KAI blade, new OC plate, little tug under nose, don't know if OC plate or blade. Have never used blade 5 times, may still have a little life.

Razor: GEM Micromatic Flying Wing (White Bullet Tip) 1950
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (2)
Brush: Yaqi - Rainbow 26mm
Pre-Shave: Face Scrub, Thayers, Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Sapinificio Varesino - Desert Vetiver
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Reserve - Classic
View attachment 1185967
Shave Rating: 9.9/10
Hi-Ho Silver...bullet tip
Actually, its my white, bullet tip flying wing, and one of my very favorite “go to” razors. It always gives me a smooth irritation free shave. Shaves comfortably against the grain and can get up close and personal inside my nostrils. The acute Personna blade was only on its second shave, so it took me down to a nice BBS toot-sweet.

Another fabulous dense creamy lather today with my Varesino Desert Vetiver. Now that I’ve figured out why my lathers were hit and miss, I’ve been impressing the hell out of myself with luxurious lathers from soaps that I had been bypassing because of my own ignorance and inexperience.

They tightened up the lockdown again today, so I’m all shaved up, smelling fine and no place to go.
Beautiful shave gears and gorgeous scenery!! A great place for a cold water shave!

Prep: Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Parker SRB Shavette
Blade: Wilkinson Sword India Half Blade (D2)
Brush: Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse +Biotiq Wild Grass AS
Rating : 9.8/10
Very very nice BBS in 2.5 passes !!

Πέμπτη... μπήκε στη τράπεζα η επιστρεπτέα προκαταβολή!

Razor: Blackland Blackbird OC
Blade : Gillette / Nacet (2)
Soap : Haslinger / Schafmilch
Brush: Shavemac / DO1 2 Band 26mm

WTG=>XTG=>ATG=> BBS => 10.0/10.0

...it seems Nacet will be one of my top along with BiC and Crystal

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone. It was Turkish Thursday for this Turkey Day! The GameChanger .84 plate series was the whisker mower this morning.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Derby Shave Puck
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 Series(Jaws, OC, and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Kai (5)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
Brush: The Shave Factory Turkish Boar
AS/EdC: Marmara Barber No 1
Rating: 9.1/10

Just a great shave. The lather was creamy and slick, as it should be. Just wonderful.

Now, everyone eat a lot of Turkey and good stuff. Give thanks, and thank everyone here for always making my day a lot better.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Daily Shave: 26 November 2020

DSCF2339.JPG

Prep:
Liquid Soap face wash
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Proraso Green shave cream (using rain water)
Brush:
Omega 11126
Blade:
BIC / Blade #5 / Shave #2
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Wiped face dry and then Witch Hazel wipe down
Aftershave:
Pinaud Clubman
Rating:
9.5 BBS A superb shave for today. The blade seemed to be performing better than yesterday.
Today, I had no stubble nicks, or weepers.
My wife and I will have our Thanksgiving meal with our younger son and his puppy ‘Lil’ Ralphie.
Wishing all USA Forum members a safe an enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday. If you are commuting please be safe.

A most excellent shave on a 48-hour beard:

Fatip Open Comb Slant, Personna Red blade (2)

Proraso Green cream, w/ a little Tabac in stick form as a pre-shave

APShaveCo synthetic tuxedo brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

No shower, so after washing my face with Irish Spring I dabbed on some Tabac and applied the hot wet face towel. Rinsed with baking soda-charged water, a little Proraso, then face-lathered. Three minutes, and I began to wield the FOCS. A very smooth set of passes, ATG, WTG, then XTG and cleanup on the throat, and I had a near-BBS face. My skin feels clean and new, too. This Proraso is great stuff.

Verdict: 9.8.

Thanksgiving shve 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
Haslinger Coconut, tallow formula
Brush
B&B Boar 10th Anniversary Edition
Razor
Aristocrat
Blade
Treet Platinum
Aftershave
Thayers Rose Petal WH & L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10. Happy Thanksgiving, folks

Pre-shave:-
Wrights Coal Tar Soap

Bowl/Scuttle:- Earthenware pot

Br
ush:- Synthetic

Soap/Cream:- Own brew, grated Palmolive shave stick, and shaving cream

Razor/Blade:- Parker 96R and Zorrick blade (3)

Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix to keep my allure

Fragrance:- Lacoste

Zorrick blades for a while, working my way through a pack of 10, not the best in the world but not the worst either, 7/10

03.jpg

Razor: RazoRock GC68-P
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch Rasierseife Organic
Aftershave: Alum block

No nicks: 5
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very close and very pleasant shave.

Alum sting, non-existent.

IMO, a great combo. YMMV.

Rating: 10/10

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thur, NOV26th 2020

Razor: Gillette Fatboy E4- Mfg 1959 4th qtr- I really enjoy this razor because it reminds me of my days growing up with father.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP (3) great blade, Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside- nice mild scent with excellent creamy lather with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm black marble handle :001_wub: - excellent brush for creating lather with cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG (5) + ATG (7) + Pickups (7)
Post shave: Fine Fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:excellent shave with my Gillette Fatboy, it never lets me down.

DE SOTD,  Thur, Nov26th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 8.5/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Pinaud Clubman Classic Barber Shave Cream
Soap: Barrister and Mann Reserve Spice
Brush: Maggards Synthetic
Razor: Charcoal Goods SS SB LvL2
Blade: German Wilkinson Sword (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Lustray Spice

A much different shave this morning. It was going great until I decided to do one more cleanup pass and POW! ... one nick and one weeper. Points off accordingly. Definitely user error on this one...gear was all good. Snagged a bump on my right cheek and the weeper was on the lower right side of my neck. Doh! Some good though...Reserve Spice was great, dialed it in well and love the scent. Lustray Spice is a good combo with the Reserve Spice. Also the Clubman Classic Barber Shave Cream makes a good pre-shave. Was verty effective on my first pass. Ready for Thanksgiving!

Happy Shaves, Everyone. Happy Thanksgiving.

Kit 20201126.jpg

Thanksgiving duty day shave!

Prep
: Room-temp Water Splashes
Bowl: Timeless plastic lather bowl (included because of pro design, read below)
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush: Zenith B2
Cream: D R Harris Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Fine Green Vetiver
Rating : 10/10 DFS+++

I have duty today(gross) but it's not a normal work day, so I treated myself to a way longer than normal shave on the ship. Soaked the Zenith while I was washing my face and brushing my teeth. Rang it out and whipped up a phenomenal lather from the Eucalyptus cream. I ordered the 8 cream D R Harris sample and I'd have to say this is the best performing cream of the group so far for slickness and comfort. The scent strength is lacking but it more than makes up for it in performance and an extremely slight mentholated feel. Wonderful. I'll probably be ordering the Windsor and Arlington soaps as those scents are just incredible and I've heard/read that the soaps perform even better than the cream! My poor wallet!

The Nacet blade in the Feather has been way better than I expected. The last two blades I've tried (Kai and Nacet) have been the best that I've used. Before those two my favorite was the GSB in that razor so I'm going to have to revisit and compare results and longevity between the three! Extremely smooth shave today with zero blade chatter and absolutely no tugging or pulling. The kind of shave that just makes you wonder if you even have a blade in the razor.

Finished off the shave by rinsing with warm water, drying, then putting on some Fine Green Vetiver splash. A little bit of burn just how I like it..a little bit of that mentholated cooling effect on a warm day... Perfect! I ordered a few Fine aftershave samples (Fresh Vetiver, Green Vetiver, and American Blend) just to see, and I didn't like the Green Vetiver at first but it's growing on me. Nice fresh scent that lasts a while, makes my facemask smell great and keeps my face from getting too oily. The only negative so far is that the SWMBO says all of them make me smell like an old man (She doesn't like the vetivers at all, but she actually complimented the American Blend 6-7 hours after application the other day without knowing what it was).

Props to the Timeless plastic bowl today! It's been working great for whipping up lathers. The sides are the perfect height for a brush to soak in, and if you don't have stubby handled brushes you'll never hit the sides with your fingers. It's also quiet if you do bang your handles on the side. I dropped it today off the stainless sink area onto the extremely hard steel deck. Any other material would have been shattered as it was actually thrown because I tried to catch it and missed. My coworker that was in there laughed at how ridiculous the attempt was..

TL;DR - Had a great shave today, and I'm very blessed to utilize this site and other enthusiast sites to choose and use the gear that I have. Hope everyone else has just as wonderful of a shave today! Very thankful for all of the information and experience I've gathered from this site over the last year. Shave on

Top Bottom