What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20200902_192518~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Omega EVO
Soap: Vitos Extra Super Coco
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal

WTG,ATG,XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS+ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Great shave! :)

Thu 3 SOTD
Cream Saponificio Bignoli BlackBerry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Nice cream with good pleasant scent. Working with the brush creates a rich creamy lather and as usual more than require.
Choose my evergreen reliable razor and paired with a safe blade and no surprises with the outcome. Good razor & blade pairing. 3+1multiple direction passes was as smooth, comfortable and efficient enough. No weepers and irritation at all. More bbs than dfs.
Icy water rinse followed by Thayers ensure good postshave. Hyaluronic and Reuzel soothed. Rating today is better at 9.7/10
20200902_211309.jpg

20200903_071910.jpg

Thu 3 SOTD
Cream Saponificio Bignoli BlackBerry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Nice cream with good pleasant scent. Working with the brush creates a rich creamy lather and as usual more than require.
Choose my evergreen reliable razor and paired with a safe blade and no surprises with the outcome. Good razor & blade pairing. 3+1multiple direction passes was as smooth, comfortable and efficient enough. No weepers and irritation at all. More bbs than dfs.
Icy water rinse followed by Thayers ensure good postshave. Hyaluronic and Reuzel soothed. Rating today is better at 9.7/10
View attachment 1149477
View attachment 1149476
Love the colour of that brush.

48-hour beard

1930s Gillette NEW Short Comb, Rapira Swedish Supersteel blade (2)

La Toja stick

APShaveCo synthetic brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Second shave in a row with the NEW this week, as I was experimenting with a shim under the blade. Curiosity, nothing more; the NEW has always shaved beautifully. I tried it with the shim on the left side of my face and throat, without on the right side, and noticed a bit more blade feel (especially on my lower lip!) with the shim, but no difference in the result. So I left it out of the razor and finished as usual. Near BBS, no irritation. Verdict: 9.7.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 9/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Zingari Man The Nomad
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar synthetic
Razor: Timeless SS .68 w/scalloped head and base
Blade: Derby Usta (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - hyaluronic acid - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Captain's Choice Bay Rum

Great shave with the Timeless SS .68! It just proved to me again why I will never allow it to leave the rotation! DFS/BBS! And...a BBS without me chasing for it! That's really what shocked me this morning. It's been a Bay Rum kinda week. Happy to use some more in both soap and splash.

Happy Shaves, Everyone! Enjoy the day.

Kit 20200903.jpg

Daily Shave: 03 September 2020

DSCF2231.JPG

Prep: Dial Liquid Soap facewash Razor: Viking Chieftain Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow Blade #3 Shave #1
Passes: 2 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe using rain water and a Container Store tin.
A / S: Old Spice
Rating: 10.0 BBS A great 1st shave with a new blade! No stubble at all, no nicks, but one tiny weeper from taking off a chin scab from a puppy’s nip.

In a bit of twisted bit of irony my wife walked in the bathroom today and said, "wow, this is not my favorite smell of yours".

The reason that is important is that is my line any time she cooks a new meal and I don't like it. I will break it out in a month or two again and see if she remembers it.

Overall a good shave today, couple of red dots. Super close, smooth shave though.

8.4/10

KM

IMG_20200903_063116.jpg

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for Men Face Wash
- Sukin Pore Refining Facial Scrub
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2
- MWF

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- L'Occitane L'Homme Cologne Cedrat Gel-Cream
- Jack Black Double Duty Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- Israeli Red (2)
- Omega Pro 50014

Shave Rating: 7/10
A slightly better shave with MWF today. I used a shorter loft boar brush and face lathered. Lathered seemed stable for the first pass but started to dissappear again on passes 2 and 3. Still got a slick shave at it so will keep trying the face lather approach. Other than that, I still got a nice close, smooth shave with no irritation or feedback from the alum block.

Thursdays shave.jpg

Today I am using my new mint condition Tech for the second time. The blade is a Gillette Silver Blue. The soap today is from PAA: Big Shave S'West - an event that canceled because of COVID. The brush is the mighty midget: a Hoffrtiz badger brush I bought in 1993. The aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH and Clubman. After a shower some TOBS Sandalwood Cologne. A perfect 10 shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thur, Sept 3,2020

Razor: Razorock game changer .84- Mfg 2018>,mid range all S.Steel, Very nice shave paired with the KAI SS blade.
Blade: KAI SS(14) Excellent blade for being smooth and sharp with excellent longevity, Tossing it but still had 1 or 2 shaves life left. Very impressed and happy of my 4 tuck purchase and my mild razors are even better performing. :thumbup1:
Soap: Nivea cream with some left over Williams mug soap.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26 mm synthetic- excellent lathering brush with cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a small dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Excellent shave with my RR GC .84 combo with KAI SS blade.

DE SOTD, Thur,Sept 3rd 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & Think safe in these times!

Rating: 9.5. A nice and smooth shave. I need to spend more time with the lather, this is the key.

Many products I used for the 1st time today.

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue - 1st time using this blade
Cream: Speick shave cream - 1st time using this cream
Bowl: Stirling Soap collapsable bowl - 1st time using this bowl

I work up the lather to get it nice and thick in a bowl.
Usually, I get lazy and just brush the soap/cream on my face when there are still lots of little bubbles. This right here is my main problem.

Brush: SOC 23mm Badger
Lather: Maggard’s London Barbershop
Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)

Got this red tip in yesterday and had my first shave with it this morning. I used to have a regular flare tip and I hated it. This one is a much different story. More aggressive but still smooth. Excellent shave, glad I have this one.

I bought a bunch of vintage razors and have sold some, and now my collection is: NEW long comb, flat bottom tech, triangle tech, red tip, rocket HD. I think I’m pretty set with this collection unless I find some of the holy grails on my list.

9.5/10, need to get a little better right under my nose.

Top Bottom