What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

8 hours of sleep and I am a new man. Last night for some reason I was walking passed the closet in the hallway and I stopped and off the top shelf I keep razors not in the rotation.

This morning I woke up and there in the bathroom was my old Red Tip. I honestly don't remember the last time I used it. I promise my technique was garbage when I used it last.

Well to my surprise the 4th shave on this Personna Red blade was great in this razor. The menthol preshave was cool and combined with the MITA soap and splash I have a nice cold face this morning. 2 spots of feel only stubble that I really didn't work at leave me irritation free.

Some Florida Water sprinkled on at the end and we have a much higher then expected shave.

KM

IMG_20200804_063527.jpg

Tues shave red.jpg

Tuesday’s Shave

Today I used Gillette Red Tip razor with a Lord SS blade for the second shave. The brush is a Paladin El Dorado and the soap is Klar Seifen Rasiwerseife. Today’s aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by L’Occitane aftershave balm. The fragrance was TOBS Sandalwood Cologne. A great shave. 10/10.

9/10 - Near BBS, no irritation or weepers. Great scent of soap and AS.
Razor: WCS Toothsome OC razor
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (3)
Brush: 22mm Fendrihan Pure Grey Badger brush
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green cream
Lather: RR Gold shaving cream soap
Aftershave: RR Gold AS splash
/ Bodyshop Arber AS balm
Additional Care: Thayers Lemon WH
IMG_20200803_180116.jpg

Razor: GEM Featherweight
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (9)
Brush: Henri et Victoria: Superfine Two-Band Badger 22mm
Lather: Sapinificio Varesino Desert Vetiver
Aftershave: Fine: American Blend

Additional Care:
Clubman: Pinauds Finest Powder
8BAE6CE8-ED86-42E3-8D89-B127D2AB8428.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.7/10
⛈Rainy Day Dream Away 🎶
The heat broke and it’s a cloudy rainy day. I thought maybe Varesino Desert Vetiver Soap might suit the day...and I was bang on. I decided to face lather today, which is something I never do, so it was a nice change from the usual. Being a triple milled soap the Desert Vetiver was a good choice. I had more lather than I could use.
Just a nice relaxing comfortable shave.🪒 The GEM Featherweight suited my mood and played nice with the Personna PTFE blade that is on its ninth shave. I think I’ll give it ten, and then retire it for practicing despining and any other alterations I may need for some of my Valets.
I was hoping the mail girl or a courier would bring me new toys to open and play with, but no such luck. Maybe tomorrow.
Be Safe...Be Beautiful!✌️

Last edited:
Tuesday shave

Razor: Parker Adjustable (bumped up to 2.5)
Blade: Dorco
Brush: N/A
Soap: Harry's Shave Gel
Aftershave: Duke Cannon Ice Cold
Bowl: N/A

So, my girlfriend's birthday package to me arrived yesterday, and she sent me some shave and beard care stuff.
The shave stuff was Harry's shave gel and aftershave balm, and a small bottle of Duke Cannon Ice Cold aftershave balm.
I couldn't hurt her feelings and tell her I've moved on from goo and decided to use it so I could say I did.
Man. the Harry's goo is so thick I couldn't feel the blade on my face, and it just clogged the razor and took far too much effort to clean out the goo from the razor.
The shave itself was okay but I didn't have high expectations from the goo, and the blade has a few shaves on it.

The aftershave is okay. the cooling effect is certainly noticeable, but it should be with the menthol in it.

I will be using both again, and try to use less gel and see how that works, but it's certainly not as nice as a whipped up bowl of lather.

This shave gets a 7.25. Next time I use the goo, I'll try it with less goo, a new blade, and set on 3.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD. Tue, Aug 4th 2020

Razor: Oneblade Core V2- Mfg 2018 > good daily driver, mild razor with the swivel head. 3 pass needed.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE modified(4) Excellent in all respects that make a blade stand out.
Soap: Razorock XXX- excellent scent and great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi rainbow with brown whiskers 26 mm - Great lather making in any type of soap with soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep:Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickips.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor aftershave with witch hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Oneblade core & Gem blade.

SE SOTD, Tue, Aug 4th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves & take care in these times!

Razor: GEM Featherweight
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (9)
Brush: Henri et Victoria: Superfine Two-Band Badger 22mm
Lather: Sapinificio Varesino Desert Vetiver
Aftershave: Fine: American Blend

Additional Care:
Clubman: Pinauds Finest Powder
View attachment 1134833
Shave Rating: 9.7/10
⛈Rainy Day Dream Away 🎶
The heat broke and it’s a cloudy rainy day. I thought maybe Varesino Desert Vetiver Soap might suit the day...and I was bang on. I decided to face lather today, which is something I never do, so it was a nice change from the usual. Being a triple milled soap the Desert Vetiver was a good choice. I had more lather than I could use.
Just a nice relaxing comfortable shave.🪒 The GEM Featherweight suited my mood and played nice with the Personna PTFE blade that is on its ninth shave. I think I’ll give it ten, and then retire it for practicing despining and any other alterations I may need for some of my Valets.
I was hoping the mail girl or a courier would bring me new toys to open and play with, but no such luck. Maybe tomorrow.
Be Safe...Be Beautiful!✌
Nice Brush

Pre: Hot shower, Stirling pre-shave soap, Proraso green pre-shave balm.
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Super-Duper
Razor: Thunderbird 1, The BB Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Silver Freakin' Blue, 2nd shave
Cream & Splash: Proraso Green
Days since last shave: 3

Rating: 9 out of 10.

Hope you and yours are well.

Last night it was AoS unscented cream with the Smile brush. Used my old Gillette SS loaded with a Shark on its third use. The stars really aligned for me that night. It just all came together and I got as close to BBS as I've ever been. 9.5/10 for a little bit of irritation Captain's Choice found.

My Monday Morning Shave
Prep: Shower​
First Pass WTG: DOVO Best Quality 5/8" Full Hollowed SR​
Second Pass WTG: ERN 1915 SR​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: Semogue 1305 Pure Bristle Boar​
Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap​
Aftershave: Proraso Blue, Aloe and Vitamin E​
Rating: 7.5/10
  • I need to give up on these two razors until I have time to hone them
    • I have never honed an SR before and have a couple of other ones queued up to learn on
  • A rough shave, but no irritation afterwards
  • I think my lather was a little dry and could have used more water
  • Brush is still breaking in
proxy.php

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Tech Tuesday Shave 20200804
20200804_150807~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette Canadian Pre-war Tech :001_wub:
Blade: Kai (3)
Brush: PAA Peregrino 24mm Roswell Hybrid Synthetic
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Post-shave: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Reuzel
Cologne: Volatile For Men Eau De Toilette Spray (Belcam Version Of Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb)

WTG, ATG & XTG. Minor touch-up.

BBS (Bride Approved) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Love the Canadian Pre-war Tech! One of my favorite Techs. :thumbup:

Excellent Tech shave! :)

Top Bottom