What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Good summer breeze today with this soap / as combo. But I found my limit with the blade the 10th shave was 1 over.
Razor : supply single edge v2, 3 dots plate
Blade : Ted pella personna (10)
Soap : RR Aqua
Thayers witch Hazel lavender
AS : Barrister and Mann Waves

Little nick over Adams apple and a bit too much water so didnt have the lather at his best plus blade was getting dull.
7/10
IMG_20200803_181131.jpg

Razor: GEM Junior Bakelite baton handle
Blade: GEM by Personna SS PTFE (2)
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24 synthetic
Soap: Stirling Texas on Fire
Rating: 10

This morning's shave on a day and a half of stubble. Easy BBS with WTG/XTG/ATG passes - no harshness, burning, or tugging. The Stirling Texas on Fire is a great soap - not too watery and not too thick, providing good slickness and excellent cushioning, which is just what I needed today on my sunburned face. Texas on Fire has a fresh woodsy scent of cedars or pines, with an undertone of smoky mesquite; it's not overpowering and not as strong as a new puck of Tabac (which I also like).

I had planned to try the GEM Micromatic Open Comb today, but decided against it, given the sunburn.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200803
20200803_173921~2.jpg

Razor (XTG/ATG x 2): GEM Featherweight Deluxe
Blade: Ted Pella Personna GEM (6)
Razor (WTG): Feather SS Artist Club Japanese Straight
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (5)

Pre-shave: Bowman Brothers Cognac and Cyprus
Brush: Ever-Ready 200 (26mm "Manchurian Finest" Knot)
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougère
Post-shave: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: WCS Fougère
Cologne: Classic Match Eau De Toilette Spray (Clone Of Drakkar Noir)

WTG, XTG/ATG & XTG/ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS+ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Excellent shave! :)

Razor: Carbon CX-316L Head) / Weber Classic Handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: PAA The Starcraft
Lather: B&M Cheshire
Pre shave: NA
Aftershave: Old Spice
Additional Care: Razorock Alumn / Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel / Hyaluronic Acid/Every Man Jack Face Lotion
8.0/10

Shave80320.jpg

Second go around with the Carbon. This time I loaded it with a Gillette Nacet which is my favorite razor blade and seems to work well with every razor i use. Did my standard 3 pass shave, WTG/ATG/XTG with pretty much the same results as the last shave. Somehow I couldn't find a comfortable angle to shave my chin and neck without issues. Got a few nicks and a bit of irritation. As much as I like this razor it just doesn't work for me. It reminded me of another razor I had that people speak highly off, the CG Level 2. Beautiful razor but I couldn't get a good shave with it. Like it's said plenty of times in this forum, when it comes to shaving and razors....YMMV
Anyways, I'm glad I got to try this razor even if it didn't work for me.

Pre-shave:- Argan Oil liquid soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- None

Brush:- Synthetic

Soap/Cream:- Shave Stick
Razor/Blade:- Wilkinson TTO and Voskhod

Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix to keep my allure
Fragrance:- Lacoste

The razor is a little on the mild sidemade up for with a good sharp Voskhod

9/10

Copy of h.jpg

Gem MMOC
Gem Personna PTFE (3)
Rockwell plate 2
Polsilver SI (2 or 3)
Caties Bubbles V soap

Due to the ear infection, which I got different medications for today due to my extreme baloon face, I have not shaved in four days. I decided to give the Gem another shot. I shaved my cheeks, under my jaw and chin with only one careless cut where I don't even shave. I didn't want to push my luck so out came the Rockwell for the homerun.

I am learning the angle of Gem. I believe it will take a few more, at least, shaves to pin it down. The stroke pattern is different, too. I am still working on that.

I hate cutting myself.

Tues morning shave.

Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Lord Super Stainless
Brush: Chubby 2 Manchurian
Lather: TOBS Sandalwood Soap

Rating: 10/10
Great shave, no cuts/nicks or irritation. 2 passes was ample.
All equipment worked well. no failures, defects or user errors.

4-Aug.jpg

Tuesday Morning Shave - Super Smooth DFS - A 9.5/10 shave

Pre shave - Pink Woolf Oceanic Blue Pre Shave oil
Shaving cream - Edwin Jagger Cooling Menthol
Lathering Bowl - Pink Woolf ceramic lathering bowl
Brush - Edwin Jagger 21mm faux tortoise shell handle synthetic shaving brush
Razor - Edwin Jagger ivory finish DE89 (the most beautiful looking razor I possess)
Blade - Gillette 7 o’ clock super Platinum (black one on 1st use)
Aftershave - Alum block followed by Pink Woolf Seabuckthorn & Aloe Vera cooling post shave balm

Today was a no experiment day! Did my shave post my shower and hence the stubble was already soft which was further softened by applying the pre shave oil. The oceanic blue fragrance line of Pink Woolf is mesmerising and the pre shave oil was also no different in this regard.

Today was also an Edwin Jagger appreciation day as I ended up using major three ingredients to complete a great shave from the same brand. Their shaving cream always produces slick and voluminous lather on both bowl and face lathering. The shaving brush though of a 21 mm knot holds enormous water and lather.

The razor with ivory finish handle is the best looking razor I possess and DE89 never disappoints me in providing a close and smooth shave. Edwin Jagger razors have always been my go to razors as they work best on my face with any blade and today I was anyways using one of the best blades available - the black 7 o’ clock made in India!

The shave is a super smooth DFS without nicks or cuts. The alum did not offer any significant feedback And the post shave balm cooled down the face very well.

My face feels ultra smooth and hence would rate today’s shave 9.5/10.

Next shave will be tomorrow and will be an extra cautious DFS one!

Thank you folks
🙏🏽
2B1431C0-AB25-4F5B-95EF-9309EF8D0501.jpeg

605CB412-905E-4B6A-80B7-BBCB8C7A8DD4.jpeg

Daily Shave: 04 August 2020
DSCF2198.JPG

Prep: Lectric Shave
Razor: Viking Chieftain
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Gillette 7 O-clock Green Blade #1 Shave #4 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe -- using distilled water and Campbell’s soup container.
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Rating: 9.8 /0.0 BBS Another nice shave this morning. ‘Pinged’ myself for one nick due to clumsiness.

Tue 4 SOTD
Soap Arko Stick
Brush Yaqi 28mm Synthetic
Razor Parker 26C OC on Yaqi Handle
Blade Elios Inoxidable 4th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Old Spice Lime + Polo EDT
Very nice thick and slick lather. Scent is pleasant for me...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was smooth, sharpish and reasonably comfortable. Almost no blade feel. Went for better result and pay for it with some creepers. 3+1 multiple passes. Between bbs to dfs. Icy water rinse followed by Thayers then Hyaluronic and Lime.
Rating 8.5/10
20200804_064004.jpg

20200804_071303.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Black Ship Grooming High Seas
Brush: Je&Co Tuxedo Synthetic
Razor: Timeless SS .68 w/scalloped head & base w/Blackland Dart handle
Blade: Astra SS (1)
Post-Shave: Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Bootlegger's Bay Rum

Great shave today! I liked the Astra SS in the Timeless. It gave it a little more face feel as I shaved. I think that's because it's not quite as sharp as some of the other blades I regularly run with. I may start using the Derby Usta in the Timeless on a regular basis. So far the Personna Red seems like the best fit in the RR Mamba 70. I received two new soaps from Black Ship Grooming yesterday, High Seas and Ship Wreck Cove, both aquatic/mariner scents. The scent of High Seas reminded me of a cross between Stirling Deep Blue Sea and Stirling Triumph. I like Black Ship's soaps. They're very easy to lather and produce plenty of slick, protective lather for me, YMMV. Bootlegger's Bay Rum to top it off!

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20200804.jpg

Top Bottom