What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Soap: Arko
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Strop: Tony Miller
Brush: Omega boar
Aftershave: Witch hazel / Osage Rub

Osage rub on the face / dome after a good run is such a good feeling. Love this stuff!

Cut myself right below my nose on the 3rd pass. Felt that one! And frankly, still feel it. I also have some redness on the left side of my neck, but it doesn't hurt or anything so who knows if it was related to the shave or not. I think it was there before the shave but can't quite remember. Got sloppy stropping on cotton afterwards and felt the edge catch slightly, but don't see any damage on the cotton and the edge looks fine through the loupe, so hopefully nothing becomes of that. Thank goodness it wasn't the leather side...

7/10. Made some rookie mistakes, but will be better.

8.5 / 10 again

Razor: Merkur 34G
Blade: Lord Super Stainless
Cream: Palmoolive red
Preshave: Proraso white
AFtershave: Witch Hazel and Nivea Balm

IMG_0164.jpg

My wednesday shave was a bit in a hurry as I had to be in time at work. So I took a break from breaking in the SOC boar and used my Yaqi Monster, a 30mm synthetic knot, for face lathering with the Haslinger Sheep. The lather was different from the lather I create with the SOC boar and the Haslinger with less viscosity but obviously more humidity. Worked really, really well, smooth shave close to BBS, very comfortable, no irritation, no nicks. A 9/10. And I know that I have to work on my technique when lathering with the SOC boar.

Razor: Rockwell 6S, WTG/XTG: R4, ATG and touch up: R3
Blade: Feather (3)
Soap: Haslinger Sheep
Brush: Yaqi Monster Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Balea Rasieröl
Aftershave: Osma Alum, Nivea Sensitive Balm

- Brush: Simpson Emperor 3
- Razor: Karve (OC-D plate)
- Blade: Astra SP (1)
- Soap: B&M Paganini’s Violin
- Aftershave: B&M Paganini’s Violin balm
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Perfect shave today. The Karve open comb D plate is an aggressive one but gave me a great shave. It makes you watch your razor pressure though. It would be very easy to cut yourself with one of the more aggressive Karve OC plates.

Paganini’s Violin is currently my favourite scent. I really hope B&M releases a splash version soon. Such a great smelling and performing soap.

10/10

68D4334D-2A56-4293-ACA1-DF54513BFECF.jpeg

Razor: Treet - Baton Handle (Blue)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (6)
Brush: Spiffo - D'rargo (Manchurian Two-Band SHD-Fan) 24mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Green Tea Foam Cleanser
Lather: Barrister and Mann - Sandalwood (Soft Heart)
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Man From Mayfair (toner)
20CE5B60-BD76-4475-B638-FDF1E0A9B142.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10
I’m so blue...I deserve a Treet
Another evening shave tonight. I’m beginning to like late shaving.
These Treet baton handle razors are the only ones that come with a closed bar, clog Pruf type head instead of the usual GEM type closed comb. I really like the way they fit to my face. Always a nice smooth BBS.
The Soft Heart soap laid out the red carpet and the Man from Mayfair added a touch of class.

Last edited:
Razor: Wolfman WR1 .61SB/WRH7 Hollow
Blade: Bic
Soap: Ethos Greenfresh
Brush: Elite Azurite w/Malachite 26 mm Manchurian White
Aftershave: Ethos Greenfresh

Rates a 10/10. I guess I'm just well dialed into the Wolfman because when I use top-flight soaps (and a good brush, I guess), I get smooth, close, and irritation free shaves (and no nicks, no blood etc). Close and nice. Good day. View attachment 1251324
Love that soap and skin food

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Wednesday 20210414
20210414_153850~2.jpg

Razor: Barbasol non-Floating Head
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (5 and retired)
Brush: H. L. Thater 4292/5 25mm Finest 2-Band Silvertip
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Moisturizer: Nivea Post Shave Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic

Excellent shave! :cool:

I’m so blue...I deserve a Treet
Another evening shave tonight. I’m beginning to like late shaving.
That's such a cool razor handle!
I starting shaving at night about a month ago. I like how it turns the shave into something to look forward to throughout the day.

tempImagesraPUy.jpg

Today's shave very similar to yesterday's, but I prepped a lot more lather and was able to do my customary four passes. I had a few weepers but they all quit by the end of the shave. I got a much better result on my chin, more evenly done, although still just shy of DFS there. I am trusting my technique enough now to buff ATG on the mustache area. I'm sure nothing bad could ever come of that.

I tried a couple Frost Drops in the Nivea balm for some extra chill but I can't say I noticed a big difference.

This is a really fun razor. It encourages improvisation and experimentation with technique. The lack of a folding handle makes for quick transfers from hand to hand and fast grip changes within the same hand.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
8417E1E3-5802-407B-802D-8D64BEB094AC.jpeg

PreProraso White pre shave, Italy 🇮🇹
Soap
Squadron Soap Captain’s Blend, Australia 🇦🇺
Brush
Yaqi Aqua 24, China 🇨🇳
Razor
Blackland Blackbird, USA 🇺🇸
Blade
GSB, Russia 🇷🇺
Aftershave
Proraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Nivea balm, Germany 🇩🇪
Fragrance
Penhaligon’s Cairo , UK 🇬🇧
Rating
8.5/10,

Thu 15th SE SOTD
Soap Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 12th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Proraso Green Splash & Balm
Really missed this soap. It was super wonderful!! A very nice and enjoyable scent, cooling sensation, creamily thick and good slick lather...just marvelous!!
Another great shave with the razor paired with the 12th used blade. Super smooth and very comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a glass-like bbs finish. The well-used blade remains efficient. Wonderful aftershaves to capped a thoroughly magnificent shave session. Rating 10/10!!
20210415_091033.jpg

Prep : Room Temperature Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 Blade (D3)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap : Tabac Shaving Stick
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Biotique Wild Grass AS Lotion
Rating : 9.85/10

This blade is just amazing. So sharp and smooth :pipe:

Very close, comfortable and effortless BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Soap/Cream: Palmolive stick
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Polsilver Super iridium (5th)
AS: cold rinse; Pitralon classic AS.

2 passes (WTG, ATG), excellent shave.
Still doubting if I'm going to give the Polsilver an extra day. We'll see tomorrow.

Top Bottom