What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
My Birthday (Tuesday) Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Karve Brass 3-1/2" Handle, OC-B​
Blade: KAI (3)​
Pre-Shave: Taconic Organic Pre-Shave Oil, Unscented​
Brush: Elite Razor Poplar with 24mm Plisson​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Facial Toner: Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic​
Aftershave: Every Man Jack Fragrance Free Face Lotion and Post-Shave. Menthyl, Chamomile, Shea Butter, Vitamin E​
8.8/10 A close shave....
  • I CANNOT SHAVE WITH AN OPEN COMBE RAZOR! LOL! I can shave with solid bar DEs. I can shave with SRs. I can shave with cartridges. But, for whatever reason, I cannot shave with an OC plate. I end up cutting, scraping and nicking myself when using one
  • I have been using the SB-C plate on my carve, but because I had 2 days growth I thought I would try the OC-B plate. My understanding is that the SB-C plate should be similar in aggressiveness as the OC-B plate. See above ^....
  • Today was my B-day shave. I was planning on something different, but life gets in the way. I was planning on some soaps and AS that my significant other is less fond of. And I was planning on using an SR, but it did not pan out...

Happy Birthday, comrade!

Razor: Boker Herr Feldmann
Brush: Wolf Whiskers 26mm Shavemac 2 band silvertip
Soap & AS: A&E Kaizen
Rating: 10/10
AB57CFEB-9094-4F87-8867-62D9BDD59C8A.jpeg

1618401811209.jpeg

Brush: Wolf Whiskers / 26mm Declaration Grooming B11
Soap: Ariana & Evans - Amber Rose
Razor: Rockwell 6S / R5 (semi-polished)
Blade: Voskhod

10/10: A phenomenal final shave with Amber Rose, as this soap is done. This brush does not have the prettiest knot, but the rest of it looks great. More importantly: it is a perfect fit for me in terms of size, softness, backbone, etc.

At some point I’ll devote the time to really making the Rockwell shine, but the work I’ve done making a smoother finish has made it a much more comfortable razor for me.

Everything came together today. I am glad to have this soap out of the way, and I may even miss it.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Pinaud Clubman Classic Barber Shave Cream (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: Chiseled Face Banana
Brush: Barrister and Mann Tuxedo synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS Dual Comb w/Charcoal Goods Torpedo SS handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Bay Rum-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Epsilon Scottish Spirit splash

Used only the .95 SB side of the dual comb for the entire shave. This doesn't feel aggressive to me at all. It may be worth it for me to invest in the .95 SB version of the Lupo. Result was a DFS/BBS with no injuries or blood. Gillette Silver Blue is an impressive blade. I like it very much.

First time using the Epsilon Scottish Spirit splash. Reminds me of Pinaud Clubman Whiskey Woods quite a bit. It has a little more spiciness and complexity than the Pinaud product. Very nice splash.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210414.jpg

Last edited:
14 April 2021
20210414_071208.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar soap
Razor For The Shave:
WCS 84S √
Van der Hagen
Cream Of The Day:
Old Spice Original
Old Spice Musk √
Proraso Green
Brush For The Shave:
Omega11126
Gray Dog v
Blade For The Shave:
Rapira Platinum Lux Shave #5
Passes:
WTG and then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Old Spice
Rating:
9.8 BBS No stubble, or weepers, but I did nick near a small Neuro Fibromatosis tumor on my lower lip. A slight hint of dragging this morning. Starting tomorrow, and just for fun, I will switch razors with each day's shave. Getting a late start on today; our four-legged furry alarm clock didn't wake us up until 5:30 AM.

Razor: Muhle R41 Grande, 2013+ model
Blade: US Personna Lab Blue (6)
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24 synthetic
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Rating: 9.5

Very good shave this morning on 2 days of growth. Uber BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes. No irritation or burning with the MWF soap, but whoa, I was surprised by a few painless and unfelt bleeding nicks around the Adam's apple that needed the styptic pencil. This tells me that the Personna blade is still plenty sharp and smooth after 6 shaves, and the lack of burning and irritation today was due to switching out the Stirling Texas on Fire soap from my last R41 shave with the MWF soap.

B64FEA72-E049-4B3D-84F6-D08AC2209171.jpeg

Razor: Post War Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
Soap: Stirling Spice
Brush: Omega 10066
AS: Old Spice

Good morning! What a thoroughly enjoyable shave with a couple of new to me products! First, the Stirling Spice soap - I really liked this. I have been burned, literally and figuratively by soaps I really wanted to like and the fact that this didn’t really made my day. Before I even picked up the razor. It was really easy to create a great lather on my face, and I loved the scent. It wasn’t slick in the way I think MWF is slick, but it had “glide”, if that makes any sense. The second new to me item was the Super Iridium blade. To me it felt super smooth, and my whiskers offered zero resistance. Definitely going near the top of my list if I keep getting similar experiences. All in all, a was grinning the whole time. No BBS, but after two passes I felt darn smooth and decided to quit on a high note. Despite the fact it could have been closer, I’m giving this shave full points cause that’s how good I feel about it.

10/10

Wed shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
AoS Sandalwood Tallow Formula
Brush
Rooney 1/3 Silvertip
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10.
Comments
A beautiful, sunny AZ day. Since it is Wednesday the razor is a Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05 loaded with a fresh Wizamet blade. The Rooney did a wonderful job of making lather and the Wolfman + Wizamet did a great job in taking off the whiskers.

My Birthday (Tuesday) Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Karve Brass 3-1/2" Handle, OC-B​
Blade: KAI (3)​
Pre-Shave: Taconic Organic Pre-Shave Oil, Unscented​
Brush: Elite Razor Poplar with 24mm Plisson​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Facial Toner: Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic​
Aftershave: Every Man Jack Fragrance Free Face Lotion and Post-Shave. Menthyl, Chamomile, Shea Butter, Vitamin E​
8.8/10 A close shave....
  • I CANNOT SHAVE WITH AN OPEN COMBE RAZOR! LOL! I can shave with solid bar DEs. I can shave with SRs. I can shave with cartridges. But, for whatever reason, I cannot shave with an OC plate. I end up cutting, scraping and nicking myself when using one
  • I have been using the SB-C plate on my carve, but because I had 2 days growth I thought I would try the OC-B plate. My understanding is that the SB-C plate should be similar in aggressiveness as the OC-B plate. See above ^....
  • Today was my B-day shave. I was planning on something different, but life gets in the way. I was planning on some soaps and AS that my significant other is less fond of. And I was planning on using an SR, but it did not pan out...
Happy Birthday!

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Occam's OREN with Two Dot Plate
Blade: Kai ProTouch MG
Soap/Cream: Arianna & Evans L'Orange Verde
Bowl: Timeless Blue Shave Bowl
Brush: Semogue TAJ Resin Handle SOC Boar
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, A&E L'Orange Verde
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Mindless carefree shave. Tried something new for me today, added about an almond size dollop of Cremo to my shave bowl and whipped up my lather. TAJ made a little more lather today and was nice and slick.

Wednesday morning- a more relaxed lovely, close two-pass shave, 9/10, one little nick, but otherwise clean. I don't have any alum or styptic with me here, so I used a bit of TP like the old days:

Pre-shave: shower and face wash
Razor: Occam's OREN- two-dot head
Blade: Feather Pro (8)- maybe the blade is past its prime, as I did get a small nick.
Brush: Omega 10083 chrome boar
Soap: Canada Shave Soap- continues to impress, rich, creamy, slick lather
Post-shave: cold rinse, Aqua Velva AS

Have the nicest of shaves!

PXL_20210414_135515388.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wed, April 14th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo .72 :thumbup: - MFG 2021>, excellent designed razor, I get stellar shaves. Carefree shaving mostly.
Blade: Gillette 7oClock SP(black)(1)-Excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with some longevity. 1st shave is usually smooooth!
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & sandal wood- Nice Bayrum with mild clove scent, great soap, It is a thirsty soap, great protection & post shave.
Brush: Yaqi artic sky syn 24mm, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Ogallala Bayrum + sandal wood & some clove:001_wub:+ a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my RR 2nd Gen Lupo .72 & Gillette 7oclock SP.

DE SOTD, Wed, April 14th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Last edited:
Razor: Wolfman WR1 .61SB/WRH7 Hollow
Blade: Bic
Soap: Ethos Greenfresh
Brush: Elite Azurite w/Malachite 26 mm Manchurian White
Aftershave: Ethos Greenfresh

Rates a 10/10. I guess I'm just well dialed into the Wolfman because when I use top-flight soaps (and a good brush, I guess), I get smooth, close, and irritation free shaves (and no nicks, no blood etc). Close and nice. Good day.
2021.03.14 - SOTD Greenfresh WR-1 Azurite Bic.jpeg

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Wednesday 14th April 2021

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: Stirling Shave Co. Haverford
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 OC
Blade: KAI Stainless (1)
Post Shave ASL: Proraso - Green
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

The KAI Blade, what a treat :)

A very close BBS today.

Have a good one all.

Joe

6B0C4A29-EA05-4A5A-AD0D-28C65975AFDC.jpeg

Periods of Rain Wednesday Shave:

Gillette Tech pre-war model + fat handle
Feather (4)
Soap cocktail: Haslinger Schafmilch stick + Omega Eucalyptus
Semogue C5 Torga premium boar brush
Dickinson's witch hazel mixed with Pereja Limon Kolonya

Clean, close shave; DFS+

It would be so nice to actually finish a shaving soap! I'm combining some soaps in an attempt to use them up and create something different. The Haslinger Schafmilch + Omega Eucalyptus combo gave a nice result. A good combination for Springtime.

20210209_124604.jpg

Razor: Rex Supply Ambassador
Blade: Gillette King C. Gillette Platinum
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten

Top Bottom