What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Mostly Sunny & Breezy Thursday Shave:
Gillette Tech pre-war model + Super Knurl handle
Feather (2)
Semogue 610 boar brush
PAA Ice Cube 2.0 pre-shave
Klar Seifen sandalwood shaving soap
Dickinson's witch hazel
La Toja aftershave

Clean, close shave; DFS+

klar-shave-6.png

28012021 - Homeworking shave

IMG_20210128_115846.jpg

Proraso Pre Red | Yaqi Timberwolf | Stirling Gatlinburg | Merkur Progress + Feather | Aloe Vera Gel and Proraso AS Lotion Red

the scent of gatlinburg makes me want to sit in front of a fireplace doing nothing all day, but I gotta work instead, and I don't have a fireplace :biggrin1:

Progress @ 1,2,3 and feather is another killer combo. The ATG is really smooth although I kinda notice the angle being slightly more finicky than other blades...

Very nice, good-mood-inducing, shave.

3 passes, WTG XTG ATG (no touch-ups this time)

DFS+

8.5/10

Razor: RazoRock Mamba 70
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio + Neutrogena Sensitive Shave Skin Cream for men
Aftershave: Cold water rinses

No nicks: 5
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

Overall rank: 10/10

Very good shave. Very close, smooth and pleasant shave. Boring is good!!!

YMMV

Hot Towel
Voskhod blade (3) should have stopped at 2 uses I usually do.
Zenith 505AK Manchurian Brush
MDC Fougere Soap
Timeless Ti .95 OC Razor 3rd day in a row using this razor

Very nice shave but could feel the blade pulling a little should have only used the Voskhod blade twice.

Lucky Tiger aftershave

The Soap, Brush and Razor were incredible just wish I had switched out the blade

8.5/10 because of the blade.

View attachment 1214495
I was never able to get good mileage out of the Voskhod blades either. The blade gets a lot of high praises.:eek2:

28 January 2021

No Picture today

Prep:
Pear Soap facewash using my old Omega 11126 brush
Razor:
Disposable cart. For a day or two.
Soap:
Proraso Green shave cream (using rain water)
Brush:
Gray Dog
Blade:
Gillette disposable Cartridge
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum
Rating:
9.0 CCS An acceptable shave—for a cartridge. Minimal stubble, but, no nicks, or weepers

Shave: 28 of 365
Score: 9/10

TOBS Sandalwood
Muhle Rosegold Silvertip Fibre
Muhle R41 Rosegold
Perma Sharp (2nd use)
TOBS Sandalwood AS

My streak with the R41 continues and the cream & aftershave are sublime. Alas, the brush is a different story...

First off I must say that the handle is gorgeous with a good deal of heft to it. It is a little angular to hold but not uncomfortable. The fact we can replace the knot simply by unscrewing it is pretty savvy as well. However, it is the short, 21mm "Silvertip Fibre" synthetic knot that has me confounded. I should add that I have not used any of Muhle's larger knots so these may not have the same characteristics as the 21mm.

What has left me scratching my head with this brush is the frankly unnecessary amount of backbone it has. Now, granted, my favourite synthetic is the 24mm Cashmere from AP Shave Co so my preference is definitely at the softer end of the spectrum. Nevertheless, this knot feels much like one of those Omega S-Brush synthetics from years ago which in my opinion was a brush best suited to general household cleaning duties than lathering...

The initial "painting" phase of my lathering process was absolutely fine but when it came time to splay the "bristles" and swirl up some lather it needed much more of a push on the handle. This was just plain uncomfortable on my skin and I had to splay the brush on my neck area where my skin could handle it and then paint the lather on the rest of my face. That debars this brush from any kind of regular use for me. I want a comfortable lathering experience not a "challenge".

Synthetic brushes have come a LONG way in recent years and it seems to me that Muhle have missed a trick by not updating their 21mm offering. Here's hoping they do in the near future - I've got a handle ready to go ;)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum shave soap
Soap: WSP Bay Rum (Formula T)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar
Razor: Timeless SS SB .68 w/scalloped head & base
Blade: Kai SS (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Bay Rum scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: WSP Bay Rum

I had a WSP Bay Rum morning. Doesn't get much better than that! Timeless is re-emerging as my new favorite razor with the Karve Brass OC a tad behind it. Wonderful, three-pass with touchups, injury free shave. Something smells good in here! :)

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210128.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Thanks, yeh, that Easter Bunny needs a shave badly. I saw this pic, and got a laugh, but, those poor kids!, what were those parents thinking??, the bunny looks like something straight out of a B horror movie. if I had to give it a caption....."Thiis is the end little brother, Mom and Dad have betrayed us!"

Right out of Grimm!

48-hour beard

Gillette Red Tip from '56/Personna Red blade (2)

Tabac in stick form

AP Shave Co. synthetic brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

My usual excellent shave with the Red Tip today: after a shower, a little Tabac as a pre-shave, then face-lathered with the brush and -- after my usual 3-minute wait -- applied blade to face. Three passes, WTG, ATG, XTG; a little cleanup on the throat, and finished.

Verdict: 9.7.

52107D72-0AAD-4671-90AB-C383F19E6106.jpeg

Rating: 9/10

Razor: Kai Captain Kamasori
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T2
Lather: Officina Artigiana Stay Traditional
Aftershave: Ethos Melange d’Agrumes

This was the first outing with an Artist Club shavette. Achieved BBS everywhere but the tricky parts of my neck. One little cut that alum sealed up nicely. Looking forward to getting really proficient with this razor.

Razor Timeless SS .68 SB
Blade Mysterious Kai (3)
Brush West Coast Shaving 26mm Silvertip
Scuttle Georgetown Pottery G12 blue cribe
Cream DR Harris Windsor
AS DR Harris Windsor AS Milk
Cologne DR Harris Windsor

Rating: 9.5/10 Three Passes XTG, GTX and ATG I found a little bit of stubble left under my left ear.

Another excellent shave. I got to use my shave scuttle for the first time and it worked great. Warm lather for whole shave. I also got to use my new WCS Silvertip brush. It's a lot larger than I anticipated and seems to be a bit of a lather hog. The brush feels very dense which I feel helps with the soft silvertip hairs. Never the less it worked quite well using the Marco Method. The brush was very comfortable on my face. Once again I felt like there was an increase of efficiency over the Personna Red I was using the last two days that I spent out of town. No irritation, no weepers. Drama free blade/shave. Blade feels as smooth as the first shave. I think this might be the go to blade for the February one blade one month challenge.

Kai 3.jpg

Razor: 40's Gillette Contract head
Maggard MR1 handle
Blade: Israeli Personna (1)
Brush: WCS Pure Badger 24mm
Bowl: Supply Co Marble

Cream: TOBS Sandalwood

TOBS Sandalwood Aftershave Splash

A smooth and efficient shave. TOBS shave cream is really good IMO. Enjoyed the Avocado a lot before I ran out. I just ordered one of the new ones called something like Green Forest or Royal Forest and it should be here in a day or two.
No nicks or weepers or razor burn.
10/10
Have a great day everyone [emoji3]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom