What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Daily Shave: 16 October 2020

DSCF2288.JPG

Prep:
Dial Liquid Soap face wash
Razor:
WCS 84S initial shave this morning
Soap:
Viking Sandal Wood, using distilled water
Brush:
Omega 11126
Blade:
Gillette Nacet / Blade #3 / Shave #2
Passes:
2 (WTG & ATG) minimal buffing
Rating:
10.0 BBS A 2nd incredible shave to start a day with lots of errands and chores. The razors easy grip handle and hefty weight make it easy to use.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 9/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap (brushless)
Soap: Cella Red
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar synthetic
Razor: FOCS w/Nobile handle
Blade: Personna Israeli Red (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Lustray Blue Spice

A very close shave this morning. Missed a spot and sliced a blemish I didn't realize was even there. Took a point off. FOCS is a really good shaver! The Israeli Red works very nicely in it...definitely a good pairing. Will try a Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum next...at least...after a few shaves with the Israeli Red. Dialed in the Cella pretty good, worked well. Decided to combine it with a barbershop splash from Pinaud, Lustray Blue Spice.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20201016.jpg

Soap: Cella
Razor: Gillette NEW LC
Blade: 7 O'clock SS (3)
Brush: Omega 10077
Aftershave: Pinaud VIBR
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

I guess I pair Cella with bay rum. I like it. I also like Cella. I used Proraso yesterday, but this stuff kicks its butt.

9/10

I have stated before after a less then stellar shave that "they all can't be bangers".

Well I am on a heck of a roll. This Shark blade on day 3 has given yet another great shave. I honestly haven't been expecting this run but it sure is a good feeling touching your face and it is BBS.

9.3/10

KM

PXL_20201016_113450132.jpg

Razor: Above The Tie (ATT): M1
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharpedge (Russian Yellow) (2)
Brush: Vulfix: VLF-10 Boar & Badger 21mm
Pre-Shave: Face Scrub, Thayers, Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Stirling Deton-8 (Spice Bomb clone)
Aftershave: Zaharoff Signature splash
EDT: Prada L’Homme

7ADB2BD1-0B75-46CF-9FC8-A0DCFF69C12B.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.9/10
Today I Felt Like I Needed to Tie One On!!!
After doing a bit of slicing and dicing on my last few shaves, I decided I would give my face a break. Something gentle to let existing wounds heal over. I spotted my ATT M1 and couldn’t remember my last shave with it. The perfect choice.

The M1 with an efficient blade can give such an exceptional close shave while leaving the surface of your skin feeling entirely unscathed. The perfect post shave feel. It even passed over the slices and healing cuts on my chin without re-opening or aggravating them. The Stirling soap also helped the razor glide over my face like it was Tonya Harding.

The Brush! I have to mention the brush. This half breed Vulfix tends to get ignored when I’m deciding on what brush to use because of its scruffy appearance. If it was walking toward you on the street, you would cross the road. I’m always amazed at how well it performs at both bowl or face lathering, and it’s perfect distribution of lather on my face. I think maybe I’ll stick with it for a few consecutive shaves.

Like I said, this shave feels like I gave my face the day off. I slapped on some Zaharoff AS and two spritzes of Prada L’Homme and I’m going to be the best smelling old guy walking in the park.

Be Safe...Be Smooth

Pre-shave:- Imperial Leather
Bowl/Scuttle:- None
Brush:- Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- Palmolive Shave Stick
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Tech and Supermax
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix to keep my allure
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Simple straightforward old fashioned shave, old timer soap, shave stick onto the face, a good brush, a Gillette razor. 10/10

8a.jpg

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Pre...hot water
Lather...PdP with BK4
Edge...Crystal (24!) in EJ DE89
Shower
4711 cologne as A/S

9.5/10 ... BBS with three passes, but had to work harder with PdP than TOBS so not a ten. Was still getting a little stubble feedback on the ATG. Nice and comfy, however.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Friday morning shave

Razor: Kranks
Brush: Horse
Soap: Proraso White

Stub is a good name for this little 4/8 razor. It did the job and I was rewarded with a close comfortable shave. soap is a great performer with added value, must bring it into the mix more often. Clubman Friday for me today. Cheers!
26ABD2FF-D637-48EE-BF92-C642952C279F.jpeg

8/10

Top Bottom