What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Pre-shave:- Pears Green
Bowl/Scuttle:- None

Brush:- Body Shop Synthetic

Soap/Cream:- Cella Almond

Razor/Blade:- Gillette Tech and Shark
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix to keep my allure
Fragrance:- Lacoste
tt6.jpg

Razor: Razorock GC68-P
Blade: Israeli Personna Red (1)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving Soap in a bowl
Additional Care:
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Astringent

1 nick. No irritation. No itching.
Pleasant shave.😉

Rating: 9.7/10

That just seems like such a harsh razor for me, even with a voskhod blade. I dont think I have used mine 10 times and it's over 2 years old.
Slants can be very smooth. However, you can’t use any pressure. Just let the weight of the razor do it’s job. I felt the same way about the Merkur 37C. Now I can get a very nice, very close shave. Try a Gillette 7 O’clock Sharp Edge or maybe an Astra SP (something less sharp).

Razor: Maggards Razor MR5
Blade: Battle Brothers
Brush: Perfecto Badger
Soap: Wickham 1912 Magnum
Aftershave: Wickham 1912 Magnum Balm
Bowl: Flea Market bowl

Decided to try the Battle Brothers blade from Friday's Birthday shave in a less aggressive razor, and while sharp, it was certainly a different shave than with the BB MKII. I did reopen one nick from Friday, but any blade would likely have done that, so I'm not going to ding the shave for that.
As usual, I still have some stubble on my neck/throat. BBS is not likely to happen in these areas, and I have pretty much resigned myself to having to have some stubble in these areas. also left just a little in trouble spots on my cheeks.

I rate this shave a 7.75

Decided to wait til I got home to shave today as shaving in that glorified phone booth that is a camper bathroom is less then desirable.

I went straight up orange scented today for no other reason then I have been craving it. I grabbed the same ball end tech as yesterday. The Whipped Dog badger was great. Splash is top notch as always. I wish the edt stuck around longer and was stronger smelling too but that isn't uncommon. Or my nose loses the ability to smell it.

No irritation. One red dot from too much pressure that was cured with cold water. Just a nice enjoyable shave.

8.9/10

KM

IMG_20200802_114616.jpg

My Sunday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Shower​
Two Pass Shave: 1)WTG 2)ATG/XTG​
Razor: Parker SRW Shavette​
Blade: Gillette Nacet Halved (1)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: Rudy Vey Design Handle w/ Synbad Synthetic knot​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Aftershave: Proraso Blue, Aloe and Vitamin E​
Rating: 8.0/10
  • Overall a close shave
  • One nasty nick plus a couple very small ones
  • Some irritation
  • I expected a better shave from myself today (although I am not sure what happened on my nasty nick)
  • Improving on my ATG/XTG with an SR

18047C80-EE00-48DB-B523-2AB3F09B0618.jpeg

Razor: Ralf Aust 5/8” Blackwood Round Point
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super
Soap: Mikes Bay Rum
Bowl: Salt and Pepper Matt Ceramic
AS: Thayers WH

10/10

Great shave. As usual Mikes took a bit of work to load but the effort was well worth it. I was rewarded with lashings of beautiful lather and the Cubby 2 Super swelled up like a giant powder puff. There was enough left for another three pass shave. Mikes is top notch in my book. I don’t know how they make it so good so cheap. In shave and post shave are fantastic.

Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving Soap in a bowl

Nice 3-pass shave.
No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Pleasant shave.
Makes me wonder why I quit using the 37C. :001_smile YMMV

Rating: 9.6/10

Mon 3 Last Island SOTD
Cream Arko Cool
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade Elios Inoxidable 3rd
Aftershave Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Enjoyed the lather for the slickness. Scent is too mild but pleasant. Shave with razor paired with the blade was very enjoyable. Ultra smooth, sharpish and extremely comfortable. The blade feels even better than 1st used. 3+1 multiple passes with absolutely no issues at all despite some odd angle pass. More to bbs than dfs. Thayers postshave was excellent for cooling then soothed by Hyaluronic and Reuzel. 9.7/10
20200803_092703.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
'Single Edge Sunday', 'The Daily Double' and 'Artist Club August' Shave 20200802
shave 20200802_143005.jpg
lissy shave cream.jpg
Pre-shave: Bowman Brothers Cognac and Cyprus
Razor (WTG): Feather SS Artist Club Japanese Straight
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (4)
Razor (XTG/ATG x 2): @Blackland Razors Vector :001_wub:
Blade: Schick Proline (6)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Soap: La Toja Cream
Post-shave: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: La Toja
Cologne: La Toja

WTG, XTG/ATG & XTG/ATG. Minor touch-up.

BBS (Bride Approved) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Thanks to the @EclipseRedRing Artist Club August thread, I decided that it's high time I get to know my Feather SS Artist Club Japanese Straight a whole lot better. :)

Completed the entire WTG pass, including top lip and chin, with the Fearher SS. The two XTG/ATG passes were handled by the @Blackland Razors Vector. I am pleased to report that the combined shave was smooth, close, efficient, comfortable and effective.

First use of the Bowman Brothers Oil Based Shave Cream as a Pre-shave - hydrated my whiskers really well.

The @Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive is definitely in my Top Tier of brushes.

The La Toja Cream, La Toja Aftershave and La Toja Cologne combination has quickly become one of my favorites.

A beautiful 'Single Edge Sunday', 'The Daily Double' and 'Artist Club August' shave! :)

48-hour beard

1938 Gillette NEW Short Comb w/ new Royal Stainless Super blade

Trumper's Almond cream mixed with Original Barbasol

Semogue boar brush

Clubman Special Reserve aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Showered; pre-shave, a bit of Tabac; then bowl-whipped up a mix of cream and Barbasol for a thick slick lather. Two passes on cheeks and lower lip, three plus cleanup on throat. Comfortable and smooth: a 9.6.

ETA: About 45 minutes after finishing the shave, my skin feels smoother than usual. I did something right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom