What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Pre: AoS unscented pre-shave oil
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.15SB/Darwin, antique bronze
Blade: Polsilver SI (10)
Brush: Shavemac 2-band silvertip, 24mm
Lather: Proraso Azur Lime cream

65F81595-2C41-4926-8481-3E8B308D5DA9.jpeg

Razor: Overlander
Brush: Parker Best Badger (used to love it, now it doesn't compare to my PAA synthetics)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Soap: Catie's Bubbles Midnight Dreary (lovely but very mild scent. Good performer but so far in my journey I'm a very big fan of the Omnibus base from B&M. This doesn't quite get there, but lathers easily enough)
Aftershave: Thayer's, Future Fiction star jelly and splash. This is seriously my wife's favorite so far. Mine too.
Overall 9.5/10 easy DFS.
1656078065995.png

Shave rating: 9/10
Prep: Hot towel, Viking preshave oil
Soap: Mitchells Wool Fat
Brush: Trotter Mojito Timberwolf
Razor: Yates 921M, Three passes
Blade: Personna- Kindly provided in a PIF batch of different blades. Love this one so far.
Aftershave: Duke Cannon- This is the ice-iest, menthol-iest, post shave balm I've found yet. Keeper for sure!!

Comment: The M-plate on the Yates 921 is super smooth, nice, and mild, however requires more work/time with touch-ups. Not a biggie, but time consuming. Zero irritation, however.

proxy.php
Liking that Hot towel treatment!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, June 24th 2022

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021> great tame mid range, unique blade clamping system, small razor head parts. I get great shaves from this razor consistently.
Blade : Schick proline P30 (5)- Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock Don Marco, nice citrus scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Tailcoat 24 mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Amici AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur 50mm with a Schick proline P30.
SOTD June 24 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

No Pre Shave.
Shave cream: Boots cool cologne (own brand),face lathered. Omega Syntex Brush, Sedef/Ali Biyikli Turkish shavette razor with Feather (1), 1-pass with touch up
A/S: Avon Absolute Elite
Moisturizer: ARKO Natural Krem mixed with ARKO Yoghurt & Blackberry (Dollop each)
9/10

Last edited:
20220623_074405.jpg

Razor: Schick L7 Championship Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Yaqi Panda in black & white tuxedo synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Barbershop
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten. Great shave!

• 24/30 days in GRUME June (80% completed, still in and almost entering the final week)
  • 23/30 days High Efficiency Razors in June
  • 174/175 days of 365 days of shaving (99.4%)
  • Steep Angle Shaving Alliance (SASA)

Prep:Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Razor:Fatip Special Edition Open Comb
Blade:King C Gillette (12)
Brush:Razorock Plissoft 400 Aluminium
Cream:TGS Inferno
Bowl:Proraso Green
Passes:
WXTG (2) / ATG (2)
Slanted on the neck
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:
Rating:9.0/10 DFS

Notes to today’s shave can be found here:A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11819425

Have a Great day everyone

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Classic shave soap (applied by hand - tube)
Soap: Stirling Island Man👍😍
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze synthetic 👍
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS OC .95 👍😍🤯
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (2) 👍😍🤯
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel & Aloe (Lemon scent) - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Bootlegger's Bay Rum aftershave splash 👍😍

Wonderful shave with a new razor...DFS/BBS on two and a half days of growth. Lopped a blemish on the lower left side of my neck clean off...splendidly removed! So...yes, some red vino on tap there. I just received the Lupo .95 OC base plate in the mail and decided to have a go with it. Paired it up with a long titanium TiBam handle. Wetted my face with hot water and then applied a hot wet towel to soften up the whiskers. Lathered up Island Man which smells great and, after applying Cremo before the first pass, I went right to it.

All I can say is this...for me...the .95 OC is smoother than the .95 SB. Now...one caveat that's personal. I generally find that I lean towards liking the OC version of a razor better than its SB counterpart. So, here again, that's me. You may not like OC razors. For me, this OC version has ever-so-slightly increased blade feel and audible feedback...which I liked. However, again, for me, it didn't increase the difficulty or, should I say, decrease the ease of use. I've always found the RR Lupo razors to be very smooth, easy shavers that offer no worry and make the shave experience a pleasure. This .95 OC model is no different in that respect. As I said above, this OC experience was smoother and easier than its SB counterpart. Comparing it to the SB, I would say the OC felt easier to use. That might sound crazy to you, but that's me and my personal leaning towards liking OC razors. For me, it doesn't feel like a very aggressive razor that I would only use once or twice a week. I could use this razor daily.

Bottom line...I'll be keeping this razor in my rotation. It has bumped its SB counterpart to the drawer. I'm going to shave with this razor three or four more times before switching to a different razor.

Happy Shaves, everyone!

A_20220624_145407.jpg

Last edited:
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable 1962 H2
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum, 2nd use
Brush: Simpson Isle of Man TT
Pre-shave: none, no prep
IMG_20220624_124132-01.jpeg

Soap: Stirling Boat Drinks
Aftershave: Proraso Red Sandalwood
Rating: 10/10

These Bic blades seem to get better after first use. Sharp and easy going.
The Boat Drinks soap is crazy. Such an odd scent but crazy good lather and super shave quality.
Fantastic shave!

Soap: Arko
Razor: Thiers Issard 7/8ths
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 synthetic
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Osage Rub

I was going to put in my A/C unit this evening but now that I'm sitting here slathered in Osage Rub I may put it off a day or two. This stuff may actually end up saving me on the electric bill this summer.

Lovely shave. I should reach for Arko more often.

This shave was maybe 20 minutes after going out for a run, and I tend to get a bit of aftershave sting after doing such a thing. I couldn't wait though, I really wanted to give my 7/8ths another go. I've been really enjoying it lately.

9/10

Seaforth Fleur de France soap
Vie-Long Peleon horse hair brush
1965 Gillette Super Speed razor
Schick Super Stainless Steel razor blade (2)
Pinaud Clubman aftershave

Two passes. I'll rate it a DFS at 8.8//10. I really like the horse hair brush. I thought I'd be indifferent, but I like it. It's worth having in the rotation.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Aloeclear African Black Soap
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave oil
- Fine Accoutrements American Blend Classic Shaving Soap

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Osma Alum Block
- The Goodfellas Smile Witch Hazel and Cucumber Facial Toner
- Hylamide Skin Serums
- Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Aftershave Balm
- Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Feather AS-D2
- Feather Hi-Stainless (3)
- Zenith 80B Unbleached Boar
- Steve Woodhead Pottery Suribachi Lather Scuttle

Fragrance for the day
- Davidoff Cool Water Celebration Edition EDT

Shave Rating: 8/10
My third and final shave with this razor and blade combination. The blade felt like it was starting to dull and the shave wasn't as smooth or as close as the first two so decided to chuck it after todays shave. I'm hoping I get similar results in this razod from other very sharp blades but for more than 2 shaves!
A bit of irritation and Alum sting after today's shave but it cleared up pretty quickly.

My Friday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
One pass shave: WTG​
Razor: Butcher Brothers Sheffield 6/8 Hollow w/ Vintage NOS Replacement Scales​
Pre-Shave: None
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B Group Buy 2020 Green Brush #23/30 w/ Shavemac Finest 22mm​
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Bull and Bell Series: Vetiver Shaving Soap​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave: Proraso After Shave Balm, Cypress & Vetyver​
10/10 DFS!

Top Bottom