What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

D62D67DD-6329-4F9F-9B82-C7A751F62E0E.jpeg

Razor: Razorock BBS
Blade: Astra SS (3)
Soap: Stirling Intrepid Man
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Happy Friday! Nothing exciting to report. Good shave, near BBS in two passes.

9/10

Razor: Blackland Razors Sabre L2
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Omega Connaught Premium Jade Boar
Cream: Cyril R Salter Sublime Citrus
Lather: Face
Aftershave: Stirling Satsuma (sample)

The Shave: WTG/ATG with a goatee touch up for a DFS. Face feels and looks great*. CRS Sublime Citrus rocks!
*Disclaimer: “Face looks great” is a figurative term, written with quite a bit of literary license.
Snuck a pic of my daughter being awarded her new belt (2 levels up) in Jung Sim Do. (Proud Dad)
Have a great day, Tim
BAF76E56-8A06-4F5D-BF0E-D88AB17ACFAD.jpeg
C5A47C1D-CF3B-42A5-9035-BC17C38F07B5.jpeg
9C3FFD85-C5DB-41F9-A6AE-8D0AD4AC65CA.jpeg
81C74F8A-93B4-4B03-BC9A-CFA7318CD16E.jpeg

Razor: STAR - Gold Tone DE 1946-1959 (Hex Handle)
Blade: Crown Platinum (2)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Carrot Handle Synthetic(26mm)
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Green Tea Foam Cleanser
Lather: Stirling - Pharaoh’s Dreamsicle
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann - Seville
D9165B1F-C91F-4A55-8A88-242764DA4550.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10
Finally! T-Shirt weather…break out the citrus!
I seem to be on a roll. Lately every one of my shaves has been superb, including this one. STAR DE…can’t go wrong there. This Crown Platinum seems to be an excellent smooth shaving blade. If you’ve got one in your assortment…give it a go.👍
Pharaoh’s Dreamsicle….yummy Creamsicle.
Top it off with Seville oranges.

Soap: Stirling Coconut Lime
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Strop: Tony Miller Steerhide
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Osage Rub

Opened up 2 weepers from yesterday, but otherwise no blood/irritation. The scent from the soap made me excited for this summer. Really looking forward to getting back out and relax on a beach. It really took me somewhere other than NYC, which is a place I'm severely yearning to get out of.

10/10

14 May 2021
20210514_070545.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar Soap
Razor For The Shave:
WCS 84S
Van der Hagen √
Cream For The Day:
Razor Rock Saturnia – Italy
Old Spice Original –India √
Old Spice Musk – India
Proraso Green –Italy
Brushes For Today:
Omega 11126 -- Old Spice Bar soap prep
Gray Dog -- Today’s shave
Blade For The Shave:
Shark Super Stainless shave #1
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then Alum rub downs.
Aftershave:
Old Spice – Canada?
Summary:
Rating: 10.0
Quality: BBS
Results: No stubble, nicks, or weepers.
Info: Great results for a first shave with a new blade. Taking our grand dog to the groomer for a mowing this morning, and the wife out to a brunch meal. Hope to harvest lots of rain water for shaving with 4 to 6 inches of rain predicted Sunday through Thursday.

Friday's Clubman shave, mid-morning before picking up the littles from pre-school today, my standard two-pass shave with a bit of clean up, 9++/10, no mishaps. A surprisingly good shave with a blade getting tired:

Pre-shave: shower with Ivory Bar Soap
Razor: Occam's razor- two-dot head- an easy, close shave
Blade: Feather AC Pro (8)- I'm trying to push these blades more than usual and finding with a little technique adjustments they can still serve.
Brush: Semogue SOC cherry boar- an easy to use boar with lovely soft tips now.
Soap: Mogno bar- nice scent, and great lather today. To help my effort in pushing the blade, I used more product and added lots of water.
Post-shave: cold rinse, Pinaud Clubman AS- didn't really feel any alcohol burn, so it must have been a good shave.

Have a wonderful weekend all!
PXL_20210514_133530582.jpg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Occam's OREN with Two Dot Plate
Blade: Feather Professional
Soap/Cream: LaToya soap stick
Bowl: N/A
Brush: Zenith Kotibe Silvertip Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Excellent mindless Shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Fri, May 14th 2021

Razor: Razorock SLOC- excellent milder>range, carefree shave, excellent results using a Kai SS blade. Great daily driver for some.
One of my favorites when I use to travel, hard to nick yourself IMO, easy on the skin.
Blade: Kai SS (4) excellent blade, wider than a standard Gillette blade by .009 thousands of a inch, Sharp & smooth with great longevity. Great blade for milder razors that need a boost.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore- nice mild tobacco and vanilla scent, excellent lather qualities.
I like the soap scent more than the A.S IMO.
Brush: Yaqi Moka 24 mm synthetic- excellent lather creator, heavenly cloud like soft tips+ gentle scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Sant Marie del Fiore aftershave with witch hazel+ a dollop of AVON true gent balm.
Results: 9.5 / 10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my RR SLOC razor with a Kai SS DE blade.

DE SOTD, Fri, May 5th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times, light at the end of the tunnel!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
After a splash of hot water, about three seconds/six twirls of loading the Chubby 1 in best with MdC Fougere, face lathering, and three passes with Gillette Silver Blue (6) in Above the Tie Windsor with CM1 plate. No buffing needed BBS. 10

image.jpg

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
“Weather the storms!”
Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B Group Buy Finest Badger
Soap: Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter
Lather: Scuttle
Aftershave: Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter

The Shave: My Anniversary shave for my wife. W/X/A for BBS. Warm scuttle lather with the Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter menthol and scent was spectacular. Through 21 years of marriage there have been “storms” but we’ve always been each other’s safe harbor.
Have a great day, take the time to remember something great and smile! 10/10 as much for the shave results as what it signifies.
View attachment 1265931View attachment 1265932View attachment 1265933
Happy anniversary! May there be fair seas for many more.

Razor: Blackland Razors Sabre L2
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Omega Connaught Premium Jade Boar
Cream: Cyril R Salter Sublime Citrus
Lather: Face
Aftershave: Stirling Satsuma (sample)

The Shave: WTG/ATG with a goatee touch up for a DFS. Face feels and looks great*. CRS Sublime Citrus rocks!
*Disclaimer: “Face looks great” is a figurative term, written with quite a bit of literary license.
Snuck a pic of my daughter being awarded her new belt (2 levels up) in Jung Sim Do. (Proud Dad)
Have a great day, Tim
View attachment 1266438View attachment 1266439View attachment 1266440View attachment 1266441
Congratulations to your daughter!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

- Brush: Simpson Berkeley Best
- Razor: Razorock Game Changer .84 SB
- Blade: Dorco Prime (2)
- Soap: Stirling Eskimo Tuxedo
- Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Sport
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Beautifully close shave with a Dorco Prime in a Game Changer with the .84 plate that knocked me out of this month’s GRUME. The SB .84 plate in the GC is incredibly smooth for such an aggressive razor. I could use it daily which there is no way I could use my GC Jaws .84 more than every few days. Dorco Primes must be the most underrated blades available. Dirt cheap and are medium sharp and nice and smooth.

The LE Berkeley is an excellent little brush with one of the softest Best knots I have used. Lathered up the Eskimo Tuxedo nicely. I think I am done with Eskimo Tuxedo though. I used it a few times last year and it has way too much menthol for me. My shave with it today will likely be my last. Much better soaps out there that I enjoy more and don’t make my eyes water. Serious menthol with this one. I will be PIFing this one eventually.

Perfect shave except for the crying (due to the soap). [emoji26]

9/10

View attachment 1266136
Put me down for the soap [emoji7]

- Fayiz D.

Like @Frozenshades, Captain's Choice Lime was my choice today but since it is Clubman Friday I added Clubman Lime Sec to finish off. Traditions are important right?

Razor Timeless SS .68 SB
Blade Personna Platinum (7 and done) (Israeli Red in UK packaging)
Brush PAA Peregrino
Soap Captain's Choice Lime
Balm Captain's Choice Lime
A/S Clubman Lime Sec

A really nice shave today. Very comfortable but the blade didn't feel like it was cutting as well as it could. I love the smell of lime but I haven't found one with endurance scent wise. The Captains Choice Lime soap and balm were just great. I always get a nice creamy lather with excellent residual slickness that works really well for my multiple pass shaves with buffing. I just ordered the Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime soap, toner and EDT that was released today. I am hoping for a less fleeting scent.

CC Lime.jpg

20210513_085721.jpg

Razor: Wilkinson Bonded Razor
Blade: Wilkinson Bonded Single Edge Cartridge
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Botanica
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating 9.0