What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

linty1

My wallet cries.
29098E09-2513-4E0B-BE2D-63AE4F93A889.jpeg

Saturday morning shave while the kids asleep, Viking cream and Soc mistura with the standard razor and gsb blade. Taking it slow, taking it easy, its gunna be a great weekend folks.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe Softening Shaving Cream.

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic acid
- The Ordinary Buffet Serum
- Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe Cooling Post-Shave Water Gel
- Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Gillette King C Razor
- Gillette Platinum (White) (3)
- Antica Barberia Mondial Boar

Shave Rating: 9/10
Third shave with the Gillette Platinum (White) today and had a very pleasant morning shave. It felt sharper again on this shave but still very smooth, very similar to the King C blade.
Overall a very nice, irritation free shave with no feedback from the Alum block.

Razor: Parker Variant (2.5)
Blade: Parker Premium Platinum (3)
Brush: SOC Silvertip Badger, 24mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

Soap: Olea Soapworks, ROUGERE

Alum block (not pictured)
Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel
B & M Fougere Classique Tonique Aftershave Splash

Everything in the shave was really good.
Mostly BBS. No nicks or weepers or razor burn.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Since I didn't quite get BBS yesterday with a lot of passes, I decided to back off just a touch and shave more comfortably...

View attachment 1266769

How so? I chose not to do any ATG buffing on my chin or upper lip, and just replace that work with an extra XTG pass. Results were very good: BBS on cheeks and jawline; DFS on chin and mustache. The shave was enjoyable, easy, efficient. No blood, no irritation to note.

The Lemon Chill Glacial splash gave its usual peak (alcohol) and crash (menthol) which is always a fun ride. Due to the comfort this razor affords, it was pleasant all the way. Happy weekend!

Rating: 9.1/10
I rarely try ATG on my chin. I do extra XTG in that area and usually on the bottom band of my neck which grows contrary also.

Razor: GEM Micromatic Flying Wing (Bullet Tip)
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Yaqi Moka 26mm 2 band Badger
Soap: Haslinger Ringelblumen
Lather: Face
Aftershave: Stirling Ramblin’ Man

The Shave: WTG and ATG with a quick goatee touch up for a DFS. The big Moka caressed my face as the Ringelblumen exploded into lather, it was like Spring was blooming at my sink.
Always impressed with the easy and efficient shave of the vintage GEM razors and today was no exception, my skin is BBS in all the usual places and only a few of the really tough spots have minor ATG stubble, impressive for a 10 minute shave. Great shave to start the day.
View attachment 1266889View attachment 1266890View attachment 1266891View attachment 1266892
I have RINGELBLUMEN too. I was going to get some more about a year ago. I found other Haslinger soap but not the RINGELBLUMEN.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Changing it up, today I am seeing into the future. As soon as the next pot of coffee is ready, I shall ascend the stairs with a mug of coffee. I shall splash my face liberally with hot water, lather the face with MdC Fougere using a Kent BK4, loading for about 3-4 seconds, and take three passes with a seven day old Gillette Silver Blue in an Above the Tie Windsor with a CM1 plate. Next will be the shower. After the shower I'll splash on 4711 cologne as my aftershave, completing the shave which will in all likelihood be perfection. If it does not materialize as foreseen, I shall return and report. Happy shaving!

I have RINGELBLUMEN too. I was going to get some more about a year ago. I found other Haslinger soap but not the RINGELBLUMEN.

I got it a couple of months ago but I can’t remember from which vendor/site. I’ll see if I can dig up that info for you.

Changing it up, today I am seeing into the future. As soon as the next pot of coffee is ready, I shall ascend the stairs with a mug of coffee. I shall splash my face liberally with hot water, lather the face with MdC Fougere using a Kent BK4, loading for about 3-4 seconds, and take three passes with a seven day old Gillette Silver Blue in an Above the Tie Windsor with a CM1 plate. Next will be the shower. After the shower I'll splash on 4711 cologne as my aftershave, completing the shave which will in all likelihood be perfection. If it does not materialize as foreseen, I shall return and report. Happy shaving!
Now that sounds like a good plan! I hope it lived up to your expectations.

Saturday's shave, my standard two-pass shave, first pass is WTG, second is part XTG and part ATG, with a bit of tidying up, 10/10, a superb shave with a blade on its ninth use:

Pre-shave: shower with Ivory Bar Soap
Razor: Occam's razor- two-dot head- an easy, close shave
Blade: Feather AC Pro (9)- needed a bit more cleaning up than normal, but the result was great
Brush: Yaqi 22 mm two-band badger, my only badger on this trip
Soap: Canada Shave Soap- a rich, softening, and wonderful lather today; 16 shaves in and I'm not making much impression on this puck :001_smile .
Post-shave: cold rinse, Fine American Blend AS splash- didn't feel any alcohol burn at all, great face feel now twenty minutes after my shave. I'll be doing some face touching today!

Have a wonderful Saturday!

PXL_20210515_134824914.jpg

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
10...no likes needed since this is a supplement!
;0)

View attachment 1266865
Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Tabac
Brush
Uomo da Vinci 293
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
Versace The Dreamer
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Using my da Vinci 293 Silvertip brush today. This is one underrated brush, IMHO. Nice backbone but soft tips. The AS-D2 and Feather blade make for a close comfortable shave.
How would you rate it compared to a Simpson silver tip?

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: OneBlade Hybrid
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (1)
Soap/Cream: Tabac soap stick
Bowl: N/A
Brush: Zenith Kotibe Silvertip Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Excellent mindless Sha

1621089632661.jpeg

Brush: Grizzly Bay / V10 Fanchurian
Soap: Stirling - Bergamot Lavender
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 / 303 Stainless handle
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium

9/10: Very fine shave, not the greatest post-shave result. Moving the V10 Fanchurian to this brush was a great move. Always love the simple fragrance of this soap.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, May 15th, 2021, New razor and just started dialing the Yaqi Excalibur 50mm in, might take a few shaves, I started out with my AC Kai Protouch blade on (8) shave and it indicated dullness so switched to the AC Feather pro(1) and that made a big difference. I did not feel threatened by the sharper blade but it is a very light razor & I was cautious(1st use). It is indicating from just the first shave a <mid range and indicates a great daily driver for some. I cranked out a excellent shave but still dialing the SE Excalibur in what I can & can not do when buffing. The razor finish and tolerances were adequate and did not turn me off the razor at all. It is just a possibly a good entry level razor if someone that is interested in entering the SE AC blade realm of shaving. First time using a Feather Pro & with the new Yaqi Excalibur razor. First impressions so far are positive and it will be used for at least 7 consecutive days with a daily double on Monday because of Micromatic Mondays.

Razor: The new Yaqi Excalibur AC style 50mm razor- MFG 2021>, nice <mid range razor, easy to maneuver around the face and easy going for the first shave. Light weight and I have other very light SE razors so finding the correct amount of light pressure is still on going.
Blade: Feather Pro AC (1) nice sharp blade, Sharp & smooth, longevity?.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice mild tobacco & vanilla scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm tuxedo knot with black marble handle, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter.
Pre Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups. 2x WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of AVON True Gent balm aftershave.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur SE 50mm + a AC Feather Pro.

SE SOTD, Sat, May 15th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times, light at the end of the tunnel!

A SAturday Slant shave on a 48-hour beard:

Fatip Open Comb Slant/Feather blade (2)

Tabac in stick form

AP Shave Co. synthetic brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Last night my power went out at 5 pm. It's not been too hot, so lack of A/C wasn't the problem; it was just that I had no idea when it might be restored. So I packed a bag and headed off to a hotel for one night. However, I didn't bring any razors, so my shave had to wait until I got home, about 45 minutes after my shower there.

Anyway: a face wash with Dial soap, then I applied the Tabac and face-lathered. Pass 1, WTG; pass 2, ATG; pass 3, XTG plus some cleanup. As often happens with this razor, I was as close to BBS as makes no never mind. I dashed on some Proraso Green about half an hour later as a kind of faint cologne, too.

Verdict: 9.8.

Top Bottom