What's new

What DE blades to use with sensitive skin?

Hello Everybody,

I decided to try (fro the first time in my life, after 10+ years of shaving with cartridges) to shave with DE blade.

What inexpensive brand of DE blades for sensitive skin would you recommend?

thanks,

Denys

denys said:
Hello Everybody,

I decided to try (fro the first time in my life, after 10+ years of shaving with cartridges) to shave with DE blade.

What inexpensive brand of DE blades for sensitive skin would you recommend?

Hi Denys

Welcome to B&B!

Your question is very difficult to answer because, with blades, there's no right answer. There's a thread entitled FS (almost): DE Blade Sampler Packs and John (LetterK) had put together a blade sampler pack with five different blades. I would suggest ou buy one from him and try them all out and find out which one is best for you.

Welcome Denys!

I would suggest contacting John (LetterK) regarding the blade sampler kit. This will allow you to try out the 5 most popular DE blades. This way you will be able to find out which blade works best for you. I would give the Israelli's, Merkurs or Derbys a shot first...then try the Swedish Gillettes and Feathers.

I have very sensitive skin as well, and I am just starting out with the DE thing. The Derby's have my vote.

Sorry to throw a wrench in this post- If you are having razor burn and sensitivity IMHO Its more important to have the correct cream/soap than the perfect blade- in my experience as long as I have great lubricating lather I can shave with any good blade.Of course I have a favorite blade for my face but the soap was key! I have very dry sensitive skin and a beard like a BBQ brush growing in every direction. what soap/ cream are you using? what does the lather look like.

Top Bottom