What's new

What color suit is this and should I buy it?

Something about that suit just makes me say "ick". The colour, the overly soft shoulder, the low button stance, I dunno, just ICK.

Given the low button stance, and your interest in shortening the jacket, you are right to pass on this one ... otherwise you end up with a buttoning almost at the bottom of your jacket! :blink:

Given your physical anomalies, I'd suggest finding "one good suit that fits really well" and buying it regardless of price, rather than snooping around for bargoons that you try to have Tailor Frankenstein fix up for you. With Boxing Day almost upon us, you may want to wander into a Brooks Bros and check out the fit of the various different suit models they sell, or some similar store.

If I go that route I might as well go the MTM route. And that starts at $600 for inferior quality cloth. So, I'm really looking at $1200 ish.

Either case, thanks for your assessment of the color and button placement. I'll be passing on this one. There will be more stuff on the open market.

Top Bottom