Votes: 24 42.9%
  • 25-26 mm

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • 27-28 mm

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • 29 mm and larger

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
Just curious what size brush the members of B&B prefer at the moment.

My favorite is a 21 mm Muhle STF synthetic, but I can enjoy anything up to about 25 mm.

My current favorite is my Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band. :001_wub:

The one in the middle:
2-Tinies+Mixed-Midget_2021-12-11.jpg

It's a lather monster. It gets into all the nooks and crannies on my (slim) face and neck, accurately.

Some folk love to wallow in a lather mess (including their ears, nose, and halfway down their chest).
That definitely ain't me. :laugh:

I'm a fan of the Wee end of the spectrum. In fact I tend to consider anything over 20 or 21 mm to be wasteful. Biggest brush I actually use is a Semogue 620 I got in a PIF, which I would happily buy a 20 mm or smaller version of and re-PIF the 620.

Somehow over the years I have gravitated to larger and softer brushes. For many years, my favorite (and only) brush was a Simpsons Duke 2 in Best Badger. Now my favorites are a Maggard 24mm SHD Two Band and a Yaqi Moka Express 26 mm Two Band. While the Maggard is only a 24mm knot, its bloom is quite large. I also have some 22mm brushes and some smallish 24mm brushes that I use from time to time.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I mostly use Yaqi brush brand and they seem to have it figured out for my shaving needs.

24-26 in synthetic brushes are very nice and of lately prefer the the 26mm finding them not lather hogs at all.
22-24 for badger brushes is usually a nice spot for those knots.
19-24mm for boar brushes works great for my shaving needs.

Top Bottom