What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

Pipes and Cigars have left a bad taste in quite a few of our mouths. Poor shipping, bad communication with backorders... Cigars International (Same family of companies) hasn't given me trouble but I know others who haven't as been as fortunate. I have no idea why PC is that way.

Pipes and Cigars have left a bad taste in quite a few of our mouths. Poor shipping, bad communication with backorders... Cigars International (Same family of companies) hasn't given me trouble but I know others who haven't as been as fortunate. I have no idea why PC is that way.
Cigars International bought P&C maybe 3 years ago, IIRC. I've placed a couple orders since from CI, and like you havent had any trouble. I haven't ordered from P&C in probably 6 years. Their packaging was slipshod, and their customer service was less than ideal. Plus, their pipe & pipe tobacco selection never really excited me. SP has gotten the overwhelming lion's share of my business over the years by consistently being just better - especially in the customer service department.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Like biting down on a cow manure sandwich.

Cigars International bought P&C maybe 3 years ago, IIRC. I've placed a couple orders since from CI, and like you havent had any trouble. I haven't ordered from P&C in probably 6 years. Their packaging was slipshod, and their customer service was less than ideal. Plus, their pipe & pipe tobacco selection never really excited me. SP has gotten the overwhelming lion's share of my business over the years by consistently being just better - especially in the customer service department.
Yeah, I dont get the issues we have with PC. Their shipping and packaging is horrible but CI is just fine. I hasn't ordered from PC for probably two years after having some bulk nightcap on backorder for six months. It did come but the hold on the debit card disappeared and it was phone tag with their billing department for a while

I went with PC a lot when they had the different battle of the blends but when half of those battles had backordered blends screw it. Such a pity. Russ is a great blender and does a lot for the pipe community.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
A new pipe for me...
Hopefully it arrives from Italy in a reasonable amount of time.

Nero4.JPG
Nero3.JPG
Nero2.JPG
nero1.JPG

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Awaiting a Peterson Newgrange Spigot (B10) to replace my Rattray fractured morta. SP did me right, can’t beat their CS!

PC asked for age verification again. Not sure what’s wrong with them. WEnt ahead sent a picture of my passport, the name and address i used on my license. Hopefully they verify this time. But since they’re having problems... went ahead to SP and got this

Attachments

• 16671EBD-0686-4D88-A1A3-A1481AA7625C.jpeg
    16671EBD-0686-4D88-A1A3-A1481AA7625C.jpeg
    284.4 KB · Views: 10

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
PC asked for age verification again. Not sure what’s wrong with them. WEnt ahead sent a picture of my passport, the name and address i used on my license. Hopefully they verify this time. But since they’re having problems... went ahead to SP and got this
Get a sharp knife for the Salty Dogs. It's a really good smoke.

Top Bottom