What's new

What blades for MY Valet auto strop razor ?

I have a Valet auto stop razor and am trying to figure out which particular blades to get.

I had found somewhere over there in the Yoo Ess Ay that sells Feather blades which they say suit. A member here on B&B said that those blades wouldn’t work with my Valet however.

My Valet is a made in Britain version. To open it and fit a blade there is a hinged tab at each end one must open, insert the blade and the close the tabs.

Advice appreciated as I’ve just spent a heap on blades I don’t think will work and I want to stop them being shipped if that’s the case.

Note: It’s NOT this type

proxy.php

http://straightrazorplace.com/attachments/shaving-safety-razors/36135d1263060615-million-dollar-razor-valet_auto_strop_razor-10a-insert.jpg

Take a pic of your razor so we can see exactly what you have.

To the best of my knowledge, the Feather blade will work in all Auto-Storp razors.

Some earlier models did not have the locator tabs and do not require a blade with letters cut out of the center. In that case, a standard SE blade with the spine removed and top corners clipped back will work quite nicely!

They are good shavers that most never take the time to try because of the blade issues . . . well worth the effort!

I am glad you started this thread as I was thinking of asking this same question. Can anyone post a link to this particular blade?

I believe that Brad is correct--the feather blade with the wierd cutouts should work in any autostrop. But they are rather expensive.

It sounds, from your description that you have an autostrop that requires the special feather blades. I think that only the autostrops where the blade slides into the holder and has no hinged clamping mechanism(s) can take the doctored standard SE blades.

Top Bottom