What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Paradigm Diamondback

Gift to myself for giving up booze for 12 months. Looks like a museum piece.

proxy.php
This razor is gorgeous. Congrats on giving up the a sauce, too.

A "River Lake" Futur knock-off (AKA rebadged Ming Shi 2000S) arrived while I was mowing the lawn, today.

The bubble mailer had been cut open (maybe Customs fondled it), but not resealed. Luckily, the box didn't fall out. Also, the box obviously had something heavy land on it:

proxy.php

The contents were a bit squished, but seem to be intact:

proxy.php

The razor looks undamaged. I'll be giving it a test run, later today:

proxy.php

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
A "River Lake" Futur knock-off (AKA rebadged Ming Shi 2000S) arrived while I was mowing the lawn, today.

Although you do not have to do this immediately, I recommend that you apply some petroleum jelly to all mating (moving) surfaces. That will really smooth out the razor's adjustment settings.

There are plenty of instructions on the internet on how to disassemble this razor and it is reasonably simple to do (and reassemble). Should only take about 5 minutes to do. Reapply about every 6 to 12 months.

I also apply a light smear of petroleum jelly to the two round locating pins on the top plate each time I change the blade. This helps reduce any ware that might occur there do to friction with the stainless steel securing wires.

^nice new razor, even if it is made in china!

arrived in my den this week, replacement for the slightly-worn Illinois strop that I earlier pif'd to medic/first responder! very well-packed by amazon!

IMG_5406.JPG

Although you do not have to do this immediately, I recommend that you apply some petroleum jelly to all mating (moving) surfaces. That will really smooth out the razor's adjustment settings.

There are plenty of instructions on the internet on how to disassemble this razor and it is reasonably simple to do (and reassemble). Should only take about 5 minutes to do. Reapply about every 6 to 12 months.

I also apply a light smear of petroleum jelly to the two round locating pins on the top plate each time I change the blade. This helps reduce any ware that might occur there do to friction with the stainless steel securing wires.
Interestingly, those areas were already coated with grease (looks and feels like the Lucas high-pressure red lithium grease that I have in my workshop). All of the razor's moving parts were smooth right out of the box, so I left it alone.

However, that grease is extremely viscous and tacky, so I'm wondering if it was applied as packing from the factory to keep moisture out and not as lubrication. I might remove it and apply petroleum jelly, as you suggested.

As an aside, the razor performed well on the first shave. Smooth and efficient. I got lucky and my razor is perfectly straight and aligned; I know that a lot of people received Futur clones with skewed blade alignment and uneven blade gap. Maybe my only complaint is that the razor head is too bulky. Maneuvering it around my beard and moustache was a bit of a challenge.

Overall, though, it was $8.00 well-spent. :thumbup1:

Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
$8! I got ripped off. I had to pay USD 9.20 for mine, including delivery to Cebu, Philippines from China.

I just received 100 Gillette Silver Blues, and Noble Otter Two Kings soap with Noir et Vanille and Monarch afterhsave splash. Looking to complete the Two Kings and Monarch sets soon if possible.

Top Bottom