What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

This arrived Today!

Attachments

• 20200806_202816.jpg
    20200806_202816.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 28
Anyone else having massive delays in deliveries from the USPS? I have 4 that are 'arriving late', one of which was sent 2nd Day Priority and should have been here on Monday, and another from RazorPlate that was supposed to be here yesterday (My pre-war Tech and '53 Super Speed).

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Anyone else having massive delays in deliveries from the USPS? I have 4 that are 'arriving late', one of which was sent 2nd Day Priority and should have been here on Monday, and another from RazorPlate that was supposed to be here yesterday (My pre-war Tech and '53 Super Speed).

I had an order to me here in Canada from Maggard in six days! I even emailed Brad at Maggard to let him know it got here that fast. Pre Covid, Maggard has always been 18-20 days.

An order from Connaught in the UK took around 35 days. Pre Covid they've been the same, 18-20 days.

I have another order coming from Maggard that I expected this week. It might still arrive yet today. That order was placed July. 24 so it most likely wont show up until next week but the 6 days has me hoping! haha.

Yep! I have multiple late packages in the mail currently.

Yup. The usual 2-3 shipment takes double the time. I'm sure they're overloaded so all I can say is have patience.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Yes, my Fatip piccolo. Apparently from the tracking history, this package has seen more of the country than I ever have.
Maybe the postal workers are doing a pass around to try my new razor! Lol

I have been wanting a Wolf Whiskers brush for some time.. It was certainly worth the wait.

View attachment 1128703
View attachment 1128704
View attachment 1128705
View attachment 1128706
Update on what I was unpacking on July 21st.. I didn't put a proper badger knot in the brush at the time Peter had turned this for me. I was still undecided so thought to go with a synthetic knot that would hold me over for a few months until I could narrow down the badger knot that I wanted. Well this lasted a little over a week and 1. did not like the synthetic knot in the brush. 2. It tore at me to look at this beautiful handle every day without a knot in it to match the craftsmanship and quality. I reached out to Rudy Vey @Rudy Vey and inquired if he could re-knot this brush. I was happy to hear that he was able to do this service for an incredibly reasonable price. He also informed me that he had a Shavemac 26" 2 Band Silver Tip that he could re-Knot it with. This solved my "which badger" knot to get dilemma. I can say I am very pleased with the work that Rudy did on the brush. I sent it out to him last Friday and received this morning, exactly 1 week later. I would gladly recommend Rudy for any Knot service as this turned out better than expected. So today was the second unpacking of My Wolf Whiskers brush this time with a Shavemac 26" 2 Band Silvertip Knot set by Herr. Rudy Vey.
IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2171-1.jpg

After the inaugural clean with PAA Knot cleaner, I can tell this is going to bloom lovely.
IMG_2172.jpg

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Update on what I was unpacking on July 21st.. I didn't put a proper badger knot in the brush at the time Peter had turned this for me. I was still undecided so thought to go with a synthetic knot that would hold me over for a few months until I could narrow down the badger knot that I wanted. Well this lasted a little over a week and 1. did not like the synthetic knot in the brush. 2. It tore at me to look at this beautiful handle every day without a knot in it to match the craftsmanship and quality. I reached out to Rudy Vey @Rudy Vey and inquired if he could re-knot this brush. I was happy to hear that he was able to do this service for an incredibly reasonable price. He also informed me that he had a Shavemac 26" 2 Band Silver Tip that he could re-Knot it with. This solved my "which badger" knot to get dilemma. I can say I am very pleased with the work that Rudy did on the brush. I sent it out to him last Friday and received this morning, exactly 1 week later. I would gladly recommend Rudy for any Knot service as this turned out better than expected. So today was the second unpacking of My Wolf Whiskers brush this time with a Shavemac 26" 2 Band Silvertip Knot set by Herr. Rudy Vey.
View attachment 1136298
View attachment 1136299
After the inaugural clean with PAA Knot cleaner, I can tell this is going to bloom lovely.
View attachment 1136301
Gorgeous brush!

So, my package that was supposed to be 2 day Priority, and delivered this past Monday arrived at the PO, so I wen an picked it up instead of waiting until tomorrow for delivery.

PAA CaD for that olde tyme barbershop scent, a Brit Spiral razor and GI repro kit, a Semogue boar brush, and a repro Tech handle for my pre-war Tech (gonna put the original handle away so it doesn't get damaged and split)

IMG_5001.JPG

Top Bottom