What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

My first Brad Sears brush arrived today. The Arley 26mm Estate Badger in Ebony/Briarwood. I have heard great things about Brad's brushes and on first inspection, this is a winner, a beautiful brush.

This is the first brush handle I have had with any wood tone, so I think it is a good jumping in point with half and half. I gave it a bath in shampoo this afternoon and will lather it up for tomorrows shave.

View attachment 1121195View attachment 1121196View attachment 1121197

Now that’s a Nice looking Brush.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

My first Brad Sears brush arrived today. The Arley 26mm Estate Badger in Ebony/Briarwood. I have heard great things about Brad's brushes and on first inspection, this is a winner, a beautiful brush.

This is the first brush handle I have had with any wood tone, so I think it is a good jumping in point with half and half. I gave it a bath in shampoo this afternoon and will lather it up for tomorrows shave.
Congratulations, that is a beautiful brush. I'll look forward to reading your thoughts after a few shaves. I've been considering Brad Sears for a while, so you might be doing me a favor, Sir Enabler!

I love my vintage President. So much so, that when one of the true gentlemen of B & B, @Hannah's Dad, inquired if I might be interested in purchasing his, I jumped at the opportunity. This beautiful rhodium plated beauty arrived today.
IMG_2966.jpg
IMG_2965.jpg

Today I got 2 of the Wickham 1912 Magnum balms, a pack of Personna Reds (UK packaging, Israeli made), an EJ brush holder for my other brush, and an Omega 81052 Banded Boar brush.
Gave it a lather and am letting it sit for a day. It did't have a scent when I opened it, but once I washed it (little bit of Dawn in a 2 full 2 cup measuring cup, sat for about 10 min, then rinsed and lathered), it decided to let a little odor emanate... It's not 'overpowering', but it's there.
Hope this tames it. Pepping it with Captain's Choice Bay Rum.

Oh, the Old Spice shave mug is from my dad. Grandma gave him a shave set in '77 after we got back from Okinawa. He also gave me his Gillette Speed Shave that was in the set. Still looking for his brush.

Attachments

• 07-03 Shave pic.JPG
    07-03 Shave pic.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Wild Mail Call

My emotions were up and down with these items. Something seemed a little off and then got fixed. Something smelled really odd and then smelled better. Just a rollercoaster of emotions.

20200703 Mail Call - Fatip-Stag-Sawdust.jpg

Fatip Lo Storto Slant razor
Soap Samples (Orbit, Midnight Stag, Wanderer)
Sawdust Creation Studio Big Red handle

I hear that Silversmith head is one of the smoothest out there. Nice haul! Also, that cube is going to last several years unless you use it everyday, haha.
The Soilversmith intrigued me. Will be shaving with it tomorrow. And the cube is to use with a few soaps I have that are not very slick. Ive tried preshave oils but don't like them.

Awesome mail call yesterday. First order ever from Maggards arrived. An Omega travel boar brush, 3 empty containers (the empty tub of Cella Aloe smelled so good I already ordered a new tub), Col. Conk Amber in the travel container, and some TOBS samples (sandalwood and avocado). Also, the bay came through with a pristine looking Tech date code H2 with an original paper insert, this is my first tech and I’m looking forward to trying it out. Very excited to put these all to good use!
Have a great day y’all!
3C8006B7-E787-4A21-83C3-7DEE606EE278.jpeg09455D39-3C09-449F-828F-8BC7D1DA5B6C.jpegCA09BDFC-CCAB-4DC8-BCB1-2EFBAC76CBC1.jpeg57B07908-E3B7-4EFA-8DB6-2ADB04CFCC05.jpegD207CBB3-27BF-446C-BCA1-A6942EBF1BFB.jpeg9FC2EB53-77EE-45BF-AEAC-E1FF4875E771.jpegDB3698F0-6158-4E98-956A-182290283DFC.jpeg

Top Bottom