What's new

What are you listening to?

Found it--Brecker Brothers
I love Miles Davis
I lose myself in this type of music
If I am home I just put on my Bose QC35's and it's over!!

Thank you

One more Michael Brecker album I HIGHLY recommend is Tales From The Hudson. Some really beautiful playing on there. Happy listening.

I will listen to the whole album tomorrow. I listened to the 1st track and liked it.
Right now I have my headphones on, I am watching the Rangers game but on mute, I have a glass of Elijah Craig 12 year in my hand, and I am listening to an Apple Playlist called Chill Out Jazz. Not a care in the world.
Just some me time and beautiful music.

Glad my phone has 256 gigs. Almost 70 gigs of music.

Thanks again

Now that's what I call living. Cheers.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Tales From The Hudson is there.
I think I put 4 albums in a playlist to listen to.
Perfect for sitting in the blind at night at the ranch. Just me and the wild animals for miles!!!

I listened to the 1st track and liked it.

First track is East River with some vocals? The entire rest of the album is instrumental and really doesn't sound anything like that tune. East River is actually my least favorite tune on the album. I think you'll like the rest of it.

martym

@MntnMan62
I listened to Brecker today and truly enjoyed it. I was at work. At home wearing headphones would have been even better.
I also listened to some Coltrane and Django Reinhardt.
It was a good day!

@MntnMan62
I listened to Brecker today and truly enjoyed it. I was at work. At home wearing headphones would have been even better.
I also listened to some Coltrane and Django Reinhardt.
It was a good day!

Sweet. I'm not one to push things on people but I'm going to suggest one tune, a long one, that has some great Michael and Randy Brecker on it. It is off of a Zappa album called Live in New York and the tune is called The Purple Lagoon. The beginning is classic FZ but then at about 1:15 the first solo is Michael Brecker. It is one of my favorite of Michael's solos. It's entirely instrumental and some very memorable music. Maybe download just that tune or buy the whole album as I did. Either way you can't go wrong. And I suggest you listen to it with the headphones on so you can crank it. I like to listen to music loud. It may be because I play the drums and am going deaf or I just like it loud. And Trane is simply amazing. Since you seem to like sax players, can I recommend Lenny Pickett? He is the original lead sax player from Tower of Power. He is also the current leader of the Saturday Night Live Band. I highly recommend his most recent album called The Prescription. His first as a leader in decades. Listen to any of the T of P albums that have him on it and you will be treated to some truly masterful sax solos. Happy listening!!!

martym

It's on my phone now for this morning's workout!!!
One for you: Stevie Ray Vaughn--Riviera Paradise

More than 8 minutes of just Stevie and his guitar..

One of my favorite pieces of all time.

I laughed at the "you're going deaf" part.
I have taught firearms for more than 20 years and even though I wear double protection I have a hard time hearing.

It's on my phone now for this morning's workout!!!
One for you: Stevie Ray Vaughn--Riviera Paradise

More than 8 minutes of just Stevie and his guitar..

One of my favorite pieces of all time.

I laughed at the "you're going deaf" part.
I have taught firearms for more than 20 years and even though I wear double protection I have a hard time hearing.

I love Stevie. That is a great tune with some really beautiful mesmerizing guitar playing.

Then you must like Larry Coryell. My wife, 14 year old son and I saw the first set of his Saturday show at the Iridium in NYC earlier this year and the next day I read that he passed away that night. Life delivers messages in the most unexpected ways and I try to heed them. Life is short.

martym

I have only listened to The Eleventh House

It is pretty good
Then you must like Larry Coryell. My wife, 14 year old son and I saw the first set of his Saturday show at the Iridium in NYC earlier this year and the next day I read that he passed away that night. Life delivers messages in the most unexpected ways and I try to heed them. Life is short.

martym

Sweet as grapefruit pie!

Okay! It's a nice album but
Sweeter than grapefruit pie??
What you talking bout Willis??
You're killing me Smalls!!
My trees are full of grapefruits
Gonna make a mess of pies this year.

Did you ever make one or two?

martym

We only have summer here.
They should start getting ripe by next month and I should be able to enjoy them all the way through January.
My figs are year round. The guavas and passion fruit 2 or 3 times a year. My Meyers lemons and pineapple oranges are the same as grapefruit.

Top Bottom