What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
The last of this one.

20201225_214540.jpg

I have missed out on Bourbon and Egg Nog this holiday season. This omission will be rectified later this week.
BE7BEC78-5857-4FB4-98B5-7C67C3541D4B.jpeg
DA575D8A-B118-40AC-A602-3A87F7A582C8.jpeg

This is my first taste of Boodles. I enjoyed a small taste before mixing a Last Word and it is not a Juniper monster, but it has enough botanicals to make a nice cocktail. I need to try it in a Martini. Cheers!

I have missed out on Bourbon and Egg Nog this holiday season. This omission will be rectified later this week.
View attachment 1201161View attachment 1201162
This is my first taste of Boodles. I enjoyed a small taste before mixing a Last Word and it is not a Juniper monster, but it has enough botanicals to make a nice cocktail. I need to try it in a Martini. Cheers!

Nice. I've always got a bottle of Boodle's on the bar.

Lovely stuff :) A smokey Islay whisky is like a flash of lightning on the tongue followed by a slow roll of thunder as the complex flavours and aromas explode in your mouth & throat.

A couple of years ago I was camped in a wood beside the Ardbeg distillery. As I lay there in my hammock, I just couldn't get it out of my mind: a giant warehouse full of barrels of whiskey big enough to have a bath in only half a mile away.

So I hatched a plan to break in.

It was October, a time of year when migratory birds flock to Islay for the winter. Hundreds of thousands of geese and swans descend on the island. It's quite a sight. Earlier the same day I'd passed a field full of geese which suddenly all took off together, filling the sky with beating wings and annoyed honking.

That gave me the idea for a bold strategy: walk right in the front door disguised as a swan. No-one would dare come near me in case they got their arm broken. I could waddle straight in to the warehouse and hop into one of the big barrels hissing loudly and flapping my wings at anyone who approached. I figured I'd have at least three straight hours sipping time before I got rumbled.

Sadly it wasn't to be. I'd been cycling all day and so I fell into a deep, exhausted sleep before I could finallize my plans. Next morning, when I awoke, I had to dash to catch the Port Ellen ferry back to mainland Scotland.

But if like Ron from Parks & Recreation you ever visit Islay feel free to steal my cunning plan.

Ardbeg.png

Top Bottom