What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

White Negroni--naval strength gin, white (not dry) Dolan vermouth, Luxardo bitter bianco liqueur, orange bitters, grapefruit peel. A regular Negroni may be my favorite drink. This one does not come close. It is bitter and aromatic. Arguably complex. But it seems overly sweet and, to me, two dimensional. Sorry to say. I love its pristine look.

Attachments

• 20200818_203318.jpg
    20200818_203318.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
I am really liking the Jungle Bird Cocktail. Fresh pineapple juice, Campari, rum, and lime juice.
588B7ECD-BE52-4455-B8E5-FB590F98F915.jpeg

Unfortunately bottled pineapple juice, but a fresh mint sprig for this version. I like the balance between the sweetness of the pineapple juice and Demarara syrup versus the bitterness of Campari. Perfect on a 93 degree day with a heat index of 107 with tropical moisture thanks to Hurricane Marco out in the Gulf!

Last edited:
The mint is a nice addition and , as I understand it, classic tiki, too.

The classic garnish for a Jungle Bird is pineapple leaves, as I understand it, but I do not see that they add much and by the time the pineapples I am using are ripe the fonds seem brownish and dry. I have not been using Demarara syrup, but I think that is a good idea. Definitely a balanced, complex cocktail.

I had what they called a Picador out last night. Tequila, Aperol, and I assume some citrus. Seemed like a Margarita variation. Good but not remarkable.

No pictures, but I made a batch of Brown Derby’s with rosemary last night. Bourbon, fresh grapefruit & lemon juice, honey simple syrup, rosemary... made for a nice hot weather drink

Top Bottom