What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

This bottle is “The Ringer.” It is a barrel pick from North Carolina Bourbon Society. Congratulations on scoring a bottle. Good stuff

I think it is going to become more widely available, if one considers the avaiilability fo the rye to at all wide. :) No telling in how many different barrel versions. I tasted what seemed like 6 or 7 different barrel versions of the rye at the distillery in Lousville. There seemed to me a lot of variation. All at least verry good, but lots of differences.

70C723E0-6A41-4D85-B314-254B3422878E.jpeg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Tonight:

Jim Beam on the rocks while watching Big Jake.

Tomorrow night:
The youngest child of my best buddy of 33 years will be getting married. She is his 1st to be married.

He and I have shared many an expensive bottle of bourbon and scotch. His favorite is 18 year MacAllen.

He and I will be spending the evening together with everyone but after it’s over we will be having Menudo with immediate family until the wee hours of the morning.

It will be during this time that he and I will be reminiscing; we were on duty together when she was born, I was at her graduation from high school and college, I was there when she introduced this boy she’s marrying to the family when they were dating, and I was there when she announced they were engaged.

In other words we are family.

I have already purchased bottles for my 3 daughters: 1liter bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue, Crown Royal Extra Rare in the Red Box, and a 1.75 liter bottle of age stated 12 year Elijah Craig.
So for late tomorrow night and Sunday morning I splurged.
I bought a bottle of 25 year MacAllen. I knew it was expensive but dang. I surely hope it’s good!

no matter what, the company will be awesome and we will be at one of our homes or our wives will take us home.

We are gonna put a hurting on that bottle!!

I had a couple glasses of 8 Degrees Cucumber vodka. I saw it sitting on our bar and thought I'd try it on the rocks by itself. I have to say I found it to be a bit too sweet for me. But in the end, it still gave me a nice little buzz.

My drink tonight: 2 oz Tequila in an old fashion glass, half a can of Squirt soda, .05 oz grapefruit juice, 1 tsp. of lime juice, garnish with a cherry.

Seelbach Cocktail--with good French champagne and Peerless single barrel bourbon. First one I had had. Our guests seemed to like it, but I did not love it. The individual ingredients were wonderful, but did not seem improved by the combination. A traditional champagne cocktail seems a more natural combination.

Seelbach also has Cointreau, of course.

Tonight, Old-fashioned--bourbon, sugar cubes with Angostura bitters, muddled orange slice, and dried sour cherries reconstituted in Cognac with darkish organic sugar. Crystal clear ice. A little fruit bowlish for traditionalists/minimalists. For me, too, I think.

I am a bourbon drinker but I have to admit, this tequila I brought back from Cozumel is a VERY GOOD sipping tequila!!!

20191229_153841.jpg

20191229_153849.jpg

Top Bottom