What's new

What are you currently eyeballing?

I’ve been eye balling the Rockwell 6S. I’m looking at picking up a stainless steel razor, and I think I’ve narrowed it down to the 6S, but there are so many excellent choices that it’s not an easy decision to make. Wish I had the funds to buy them all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm slowing down on the RAD a bit...
I would like a 0.86 WR1 and a Charcoal Lvl 3 baseplate and hammered or magnum handle to go with my Lvl 2 razor. Oh... and a Timeless OC Bronze. Then that's actually about it.

Those are all very similar efficient yet smooth razors with the CG L3 probably the one I’d like best.

I’m looking forward to the eventual releases of the Janus and Stirling razors but “if” a Wolfman WR2 Ti DC became available I’d spring for it. In the meantime the excellent and (eventually) available copper CG L3 is most likely to show up in my den.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
upload_2019-7-9_21-24-18.gif

I admit it. I started this thread with the ulterior motive of sounding out what is currently "sexy" in DE razors and having it all gathered into one easily accessed thread.

I am duplicitous and conniving.

Those are all very similar efficient yet smooth razors with the CG L3 probably the one I’d like best.

I’m looking forward to the eventual releases of the Janus and Stirling razors but “if” a Wolfman WR2 Ti DC became available I’d spring for it. In the meantime the excellent and (eventually) available copper CG L3 is most likely to show up in my den.

Yeah, I definitely don't NEED them but fun looking and, well let's be honest, eventually acquire. Well, maybe not the Wolfie, need some luck there.

I have just received the Rex Ambassador and am very happy with it. I have also just received an ATT Windsor plate razor (3 plates) with an Atlas and Timeless Razor handle and find it to be very smooth, comfortable, and efficient. Both highly recommended.

I remember when I got started with this hobby with a Weishi, EJde89 Gillette Slim and Fatboy. I have always wanted a stainless steel razor reading how they would last a lifetime appealed to me and at that time ATT was the talk of the town and kept checking the site but couldn’t pull the trigger then Wolfman announced that they were taking orders and had a deadline for the last day to place orders before the price will go up.

I waited until the last day to reserve just the head and it was made of 316l stainless and was less than the ATT razor and it would take a couple months before it would be ready to ship out before you had to pay for your order so I went ahead and put my name on the list, now I wish I had reserved more than one along with the a titanium.

Fast forward a few years later I am now in reverse and got rid of some of the razors I had acquired over the years but I still don’t have any titanium razor head, got a titanium handle from RR but if I wanted to get another razor it would be an all Titanium probably from Wolfman or Paradigm razors.

I now prefer lighter weight but not too light like an aluminum and the durability of an heirloom razor is still what I look for, if I had to get another razor a Wolfman WR1 in titanium with a larger gap than the original would be what I would get, although I like to check out the Rex Ambassador, a One blade Genesis, Supply V2 injector, Paradigm 17-1 if I could afford it.

Down the road most likely get the Karve Brass with the C plate, plated in Rhodium and also a Fatboy adjusted and plated in Rhodium as well, right now I am enjoying the RR Game Changer .68 since it is very similar to the Wolfman WR1 without worrying about dropping it and damaging the razor.
I am thinking of polishing it to make it a “poor mans Wolfman “ .

I had to have the Muhle R41. Obtained it, love the shave, hate the handle
I had to have the Rex Ambassador. Love the entire razor especially the knurling on the handle. Awesome!
I had to have the Blackland Dart. Got it too and love it as much as the Ambassador!
Now I am eyeballing the Blackland Blackbird OC. Can't stop thinking about it. I mean I have it bad for this one!
These three shave so well that it is hours before stubble even thinks about interrupting my BBS shave. When will it end?

Does it end?

I'm trying to decide on which to get next. The RR GC .84 or the brass Karve with C and D plates. The GC is somewhat cheaper than the Karve but without the flexibility of the 2 plates. Plus I don't have a brass razor yet. I'm also looking for an efficient razor which I've heard good things about both. I probably will eventually get both. Just need to pick the first to get.

Does it end?

I'm trying to decide on which to get next. The RR GC .84 or the brass Karve with C and D plates. The GC is somewhat cheaper than the Karve but without the flexibility of the 2 plates. Plus I don't have a brass razor yet. I'm also looking for an efficient razor which I've heard good things about both. I probably will eventually get both. Just need to pick the first to get.

Had both of these, sold the Karve (D OC). However at that point I don’t think my technique what’s doing the Karve proper justice. And haven’t ever tried a Karve SB.

Go for a Blackbird though. Beats both, but has quite a bit of blade feel. Gives amazing shaves though, and I am always surprised to find ZERO irritation.

I have been eyeballing Gillette techs for the last few weeks. I’ve picked up 3 so far: a pre-war fat handle, a 50s ball end, and an English ball end. It’s nice that they don’t break the bank.

Here is the drawer of shame:

proxy.php

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have been eyeballing Gillette techs for the last few weeks. I’ve picked up 3 so far: a pre-war fat handle, a 50s ball end, and an English ball end. It’s nice that they don’t break the bank.

Here is the drawer of shame:

proxy.php
Well, no shame felt here, just envy! But yes, you are beginning to show the signs and symptoms of early onset RAD.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It’s actually a relapse. I was stricken with RAD several years ago. I recovered but have fallen off the wagon of late.
I justify my recent relapse on the prices being too good and stumbling into deals in the wild. That's never happened for me before.

I had to have the Muhle R41. Obtained it, love the shave, hate the handle
I had to have the Rex Ambassador. Love the entire razor especially the knurling on the handle. Awesome!
I had to have the Blackland Dart. Got it too and love it as much as the Ambassador!
Now I am eyeballing the Blackland Blackbird OC. Can't stop thinking about it. I mean I have it bad for this one!
These three shave so well that it is hours before stubble even thinks about interrupting my BBS shave. When will it end?

Get a Blackbird. If you like the Rex and the Dart, you will LOVE the Blackbird.

I have the Oxide short handle open comb and the Brass long handle safety bar. It gives me every option. Sometimes, I like the brass safety bar in the black oxide short handle and cap.

most of my top razors are Blacklands. Just waiting on the Vector to be back in stock.

Top Bottom