What's new

What aftershave soap combination did you pick today?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Soap: Razorock Lavender
Post shave: Alum block + cold water rinse
Post shave: Razorock XXX aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea balm.

SOTD Oct 22-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

Soap : Razorock Lavender
Post shave: Dickinson's witch hazel
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + Nivea balm

Oct 23 -2019  (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Soap : Razorock Lavender
Post shave: Dickinson's witch hazel
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + Nivea balm

Oct 23 -2019  (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Interesting photo. I've used witch hazel for years, pre-aftershave, or after showering, and it's my go-to for skin irritation, itching and cuts. I used to buy the cheaper of the yellow Dickinson's (previously labeled Toner and usually more expensive) or blue TN Dickinson's (labled Astringent). I never did notice a difference between the two. I haven't seen the yellow label in years where I shop, but it looks like Dickinson's yellow has re-labeled theirs as astringent (and added Gentle Doux - whatever that means). If I come across a yellow, I may have to buy one to compare to the blue. I probably still won't notice a difference. When on vacation in KY, I buy the Kroger brand. It's just as good, but unfortunately no Krogers (our favorite supermarket) in NJ.

Ron R

Interesting photo. I've used witch hazel for years, pre-aftershave, or after showering, and it's my go-to for skin irritation, itching and cuts. I used to buy the cheaper of the yellow Dickinson's (previously labeled Toner and usually more expensive) or blue TN Dickinson's (labled Astringent). I never did notice a difference between the two. I haven't seen the yellow label in years where I shop, but it looks like Dickinson's yellow has re-labeled theirs as astringent (and added Gentle Doux - whatever that means). If I come across a yellow, I may have to buy one to compare to the blue. I probably still won't notice a difference. When on vacation in KY, I buy the Kroger brand. It's just as good, but unfortunately no Krogers (our favorite supermarket) in NJ.
I use Witch hazel for a lot of things like aftershaves that are are little to strong and will dilute them. Also recently I had some skin blemishes and they did not want to clear up so I changed my routine and stopped using Alum and went to Witch hazel which cleared my skin blemishes right up plus gave me after the shave protection. Dickinson's has 14%alcohol with their formulation they sell. I have been using it for a couple years here in Northern Alberta Canada (Buy it at Walmart)and it works well for other skin issues, Thayers make excellent Witch hazel but its pricey here in the North.

Top Bottom