What's new

What aftershave and cream combination did use today?

WARS and Mennen Skin Bracer
CEACD751-7D96-472A-B9BC-6BFF962057EE.jpeg

Gillette Foamy and Aqua Velva. Sometimes I use Pinaud Clubman. Used to use brush and soap in the 80s. Returned to canned for convenience and it works. Been shaving for 52 years.

Reactions: Kix
I envy you with three cans of Yardley talc at the ready. I have the Gentleman one, but not the others. I ordered a 6 pack of Imperial leather because cost wise it was better and the scent was ok, but I really like the Gentleman, how are the others scent wise.

Oh, and I always like your posts because I can see blades and soaps off the beaten path.
Thanks Chandu !...are you a magician by any chance ?.... The Imperial Leather does not have the scent it once had, especially their soap .... the GOLD is a dry floral with some citrus, not feminine at all .....the ELEGANCE is a powdery more masculine scent, very much a barbershop talc. I also use the Rose and Lavender Indian talcs , really nice scents. The only British Yardley I use is the April Violets , the others have been degraded way too much scent wise.I have not tried the Indian Sandalwood ...

Cream Old Spice Musk
Aftershave Old Spice Original Splash
A lovely rich and slick lather from this pleasantly scented cream is good for the SR shave.

20230226_092102.jpg

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
They're great!
Indeed. My favorites in no particular order:

Johnny Dollar
Our Miss Brooks
Dragnet
Suspense
The Whistler
Richard Diamond
Fibber McGee and Molly
Gunsmoke. - if you have only ever seen the Television version you owe it to yourself to listen to the radio version. Much tougher and more honest, IMO.
Box 13
Let George Do IT
Philo Vance
Rogues Gallery
The Shadow
The Life of Riley
The Great Gildersleeve
The Saint
and many more including Chandu the Magician.

Cream & Aftershave MacaRoot & Aloe
Good enough lather from this cream whipped up nicely with the plush soft brush. The cream and AS scent+cooling are just splendid!
20230228_113748.jpg

Cream Saponificio Bignoli BlackBerry & Moss
Aftershave Stirling Executive Man Splash
Very nice lather from this cream. Smell wonderful and has a creamy and very slick lather...
20230302_081528.jpg

Croap Suezbana Lemon & Tea Tree
Aftershave Reuzel Wood & Spice
A very good underrated croap...beautiful lather qualities and scent...
20230303_061033.jpg

Top Bottom