What's new

We've Had Vintage Television Shows - Now It's Vintage Toons

I liked the 60's versions of the marvel superheroes, cheesy theme songs and all.

Tom Slick
wacky racers
underdog
Jonny Quest
the banana splits
Kimba the white lion
Marine Boy
Speed Racer and Racer X (who unbeknownst to Steve, was really his brother, Rex Racer)

anyone else remember Lancelot Link?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
But nothing, and I mean nothing, beats Bugs Bunny.

By the way, I'll give a dollar to the first guy who can provide the name of that song.

Last edited by a moderator:
$foghornleghorn.jpgFoghorn Leghorn!

I almost forgot…my first cartoon love after I started kindergarten…Ruff N Ready.
Anyone remember the planet Munimula?

I never cared much for the "true life" cartoons like Johnny Quest, Lone Ranger, etc... with the one exception of Speed Racer (probably because it was the only 'toon on in the evenings... on Ch52).
If I wanted to see realistic actors, I'd watch Superman, Lone Ranger, Batman, Bonanza, etc....
If I'm watching cartoons, I want to see talking animals getting a safe dropped on their head and band-aids magically appear when they crawl out of the 50ft hole.

Every other cartoon ever made (and I loved a lot of them) could vanish from the face of the planet and I could be happy watching reruns of Roadrunner for the next 40 years.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Magilla Gorilla
Secret Squirrel and Morocco Mole
Cool McCool
Tennessee Tuxedo
Mr. Peabody, and his boy, Sherman
Fractured Fairy Tales
Tooter Turtle (Trizzle Trazzle Trizzle Trome, Time for this one to come home)

Great responses gents. And some old memories jogged with mention of some of these classic shows.

I have to give a big hand to the theatrical shorts. Tom & Jerry were number one for me but I laugh so hard every time Foghorn Leghorn grabs that fence picket and sings; Well that old hound dog, he's an awful mess, barks so much I cain't get no rest, homely as an old mud fence, that old hound doggy just got no sense. Oh doggy, your gonna get some bumps, doggy your gonna take some lumps.. And then he proceeds to elevate the dog by the tail and lay the fence picket to the bum. A classic moment in celluloid history.

Bugs, Roadrunner, Elmer Fudd, Southern Wolf, and Whistling Wolf were awesome. Okay like Ouch I will ask if anyone knows what the song was that the southern Wolf whistled? It's really old.

Cheers, Todd

+1 on Roger Ramjet!
Anyone remember Batfink? It's just a very vague memory for me now, but as a little kid I was apparently quite a fan.

And for Canadians of a certain age, there's Rocket Robin Hood (which, to be honest, I couldn't stand).

Last edited by a moderator:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
+1 on Roger Ramjet!
Anyone remember Batfink? It's just a very vague memory for me now, but as a little kid I was apparently quite a fan.

And for Canadians of a certain age, there's Rocket Robin Hood (which, to be honest, I couldn't stand).

I remember that one. It came on right after Captain Poutine.

Rocket Robin Hood was all of the awful. I am shocked that none of you have mentioned Thunderbirds! That was one of my most favourite shows growing up... too bad the movie sucked so hard.

Top Bottom