What's new

West Coast Shaving new brushes.

WCS has such a great reputation, I doubt they'd put their name on anything less than an excellent product. Price is tempting, plus free shipping.....go ahead, twist my arm!

WCS has such a great reputation, I doubt they'd put their name on anything less than an excellent product. Price is tempting, plus free shipping.....go ahead, twist my arm!

:a8::a7::a30: :a29:

Get on it! There are a couple codes, one for free shipping on the new brushes, another for BOGO at 40% off. Pm if you need one.

Mark

I just realized my old Shavemac wore out. I'll try one of the West Coast Shaving silvertip brushes, the price is unbeatable and the handle is black.

I just realized my old Shavemac wore out. I'll try one of the West Coast Shaving silvertip brushes, the price is unbeatable and the handle is black.

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take to wear out your Shavemac?

Mark

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take to wear out your Shavemac?
Mark
I've had this brush for over seven years. For the first several years it was my only brush, I forgot it on a road trip and bought a boar's hair brush at a drugstore but that was relegated to car washing duty after that trip. I bought an Edwin Jagger travel brush which I now take on trips, but the Shavemac is used whenever I'm home so over 300 times per year.

I don't watch a lot of TV but I have seen the commercial that says your beard can be as harsh as copper wire. I believe it. The brush kind of hollowed out. The bristles around the periphery appear to be their original length, but the ones in the center are worn almost down to the handle. This has to be abrasion from lathering on a scruffy beard.

shavemac.jpg

The WCS silvertip brush is ordered, I'll post my experience after a few shaves.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I've had this brush for over seven years. For the first several years it was my only brush, I forgot it on a road trip and bought a boar's hair brush at a drugstore but that was relegated to car washing duty after that trip. I bought an Edwin Jagger travel brush which I now take on trips, but the Shavemac is used whenever I'm home so over 300 times per year.

I don't watch a lot of TV but I have seen the commercial that says your beard can be as harsh as copper wire. I believe it. The brush kind of hollowed out. The bristles around the periphery appear to be their original length, but the ones in the center are worn almost down to the handle. This has to be abrasion from lathering on a scruffy beard.

View attachment 776211

The WCS silvertip brush is ordered, I'll post my experience after a few shaves.

Wow that is pretty amazing. That handle would be a perfect candidate for a new knot!

26mm tortoise handled synthetic arrived today.
First impressions...
Handle is beautiful. Feels solid, no trim marks. For the price I was expecting cheap plastic, this is really nice.
Shape of handle fits my fingers well.

Brush, not yet used, but a quick rub over face shows it's nice and soft tipped with a lot more backbone than a L'Occitane Plisson (though not as springy as an Omega S)

Lather tomorrow, but I think I'm going to love this brush.

Under 20? It's a bargain for the handle already.

Top Bottom