What's new

West Coast Shaving 30% of WCS-branded razors

I’m LOL’ing as usual at their pricing… the American Liberty was $145, now the “regular price” is $181 so that $127 looks like a big discount 🤣

I’m LOL’ing as usual at their pricing… the American Liberty was $145, now the “regular price” is $181 so that $127 looks like a big discount 🤣
The list price from the beginning was $181 but they've always sold it at the $145 price, (20% off), since it was introduced.

I get the WCS E-mail, and Text alerts, have never bought a thing from them, they are IMHO nothing but Smoke & Mirrors. Waiting for day they figure out deal means deal, not hype and creative writing.

The list price from the beginning was $181 but they've always sold it at the $145 price, (20% off), since it was introduced.
To your point, as far as I know everyone who has bought the razor has bought it at $145. So listing $181 now as the "real" price as again disingenuous to me, just say that it's a 10% discount to what everyone else has bought it for and call it a day.

To your point, as far as I know everyone who has bought the razor has bought it at $145. So listing $181 now as the "real" price as again disingenuous to me, just say that it's a 10% discount to what everyone else has bought it for and call it a day.
As I previously pointed out when the razor first hit they're site it had a list price of $181 but was offered at 20% off = $145 nothing disingenuous about it... This sale is 30% off list so it's $126.70 now!!

It was only listed for that price but has never sold at that price, it's always been on sale since it was released.

I also got excited about the 30% off the Liberty razor, but was disappointed that it was 30% off $181, not $145. To the uninitiated, this would be a sweet deal; but to us in the know, it's kinda sneaky.

As I previously pointed out when the razor first hit they're site it had a list price of $181 but was offered at 20% off = $145 nothing disingenuous about it... This sale is 30% off list so it's $126.70 now!!

It was only listed for that price but has never sold at that price, it's always been on sale since it was released.

But if it’s never actually been sold at $181 since the day it came out (until now), why would anyone consider that the “list” price? That just becomes a completely arbitrary number… It would be like a soapmaker who sells their soaps for $20 releasing a new soap and saying I’m selling this for $20, but the “list” price is actually $25. Would anyone then think that $25 is a good price if they increase it to that? And if the next week it was listed for $25 but “on sale” for $20, is that any kind of discount??
C’mon now…

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I took a look at the West Coast Shaving website as a result of this thread. I was sort of shocked at their prices for "known" razors. An example: their price for the Progress "Regular" is $82.99. I paid $68 for mine but the price has gone up at that site to $76 with free shipping. The other site has the "Long" Progress for $85.. that is $10 less than what I paid a few months ago....

I just checked the prices at Pasteur.... even better for the two Progress razors. I guess it pays to shop around. Obviously, a razor designed for WCS is a different matter...... but buying one when it isn't on sale at that 30% off price would cause regret, perhaps. With that 30% discount, even though it's off their inflated retail price, would be the lowest price they've had for the WSC American Liberty, isn't it?

I took a look at the West Coast Shaving website as a result of this thread. I was sort of shocked at their prices for "known" razors. An example: their price for the Progress "Regular" is $82.99. I paid $68 for mine but the price has gone up at that site to $76 with free shipping. The other site has the "Long" Progress for $85.. that is $10 less than what I paid a few months ago....

I just checked the prices at Pasteur.... even better for the two Progress razors. I guess it pays to shop around. Obviously, a razor designed for WCS is a different matter...... but buying one when it isn't on sale at that 30% off price would cause regret, perhaps. With that 30% discount, even though it's off their inflated retail price, would be the lowest price they've had for the WSC American Liberty, isn't it?
I suppose they are trying to push their own brands. Which I've had some good results with. Their slant head, for one.

Well have never bought from WCS, noting they made available via e-mail touting big sale got my attention to make me want to buy anything.

Top Bottom