What's new

Went out of town and picked up some shaving gear!

We went to Hermann, Mo., it's a German town in the heart of Missouri wine country. While we were there we hit all of their antique stores and little specialty shops. I found all 4 razors in an old red barn that is part of an antique store(it's off to the side), that barn had junk piled up in it for years. I got all 4 razors and the butterscotch brush for $6.00, all but the fatboy were in excellent condition. The fatboy was tied to the slim by a piece of yarn, both razors for $1.50. The slim is in excellent condition but the fatboy was in disgusting condition, and still is even after cleaning. Not to worried about that since I have several mint FB's, actually I have mint duplicates of all of these razors but I never turn down a razor that's in good shape. I found the Col. Conk soaps and brush in a little UK shop there, now I finally have a brush and soaps to go with that mug that I've had for a couple years. I now have 3 of those old butterscotch handled brushes, I'm eventually going to re-knot them with a different type knot in each (I need to re-knot all of my butterscotch's actually). I love that old delicate mug with tin holder, it's similar to one that I already have. All in all not a bad trip, the wine tasting was fun too.

Attachments

• $P1010043.jpg
    $P1010043.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 180
  • $P1010044.jpg
    $P1010044.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 180
  • $P1010045.jpg
    $P1010045.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 180
  • $P1010046.jpg
    $P1010046.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 180
that my friend is a good haul. u did pretty awesome. i have all those razors as well but like u i dont turn down a good proce on a razor. and i never see those blade dispencers. wish i did tho would help me finish off some collections. grats on the great haul

Damn i wish i lived in the more populated ares.

OK maybe not but i would like to hit some antique stores at some point.

Oh, no, antique stores in populated areas are the worst! The owners are more eBay savvy and have taken the good stuff out for themselves, and there's a steady stream of people going through those stores who know what they're looking for. At best they're picked clean, at worst the prices are over eBay.

You want to find the dusty place 100 miles from anywhere, with stuff falling off the shelves and livestock out back. Those are where you get the good hauls.

Top Bottom