What's new

well its time to move

so i go out to my car this morning to leave for work and as i go to open my door i notice a nice bullet hole in my drivers ride just under my window.
this bothers me as im sure it would most people. I am not sure how to take this because i do not live in a bad neighbor hood not the best either but man it just bugs the crap out of me.

Attachments

• $2012-01-03 15.10.24.jpg
    $2012-01-03 15.10.24.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 203
Thats crazy but its everywhere in Chicago. I had the spare tire stolen from under my SUV right before the holidays. What part of the city are you in? I live in West Town.

where in chicago, tommyguns? I know i'm a soft suburban guy, but a lot of good places in the city are going downhill fast...

im on the border of logan square and riis park. its not a bad neighborhood like i said but we are close to the not so part of oak park and such. i used to live in jefferson park and i got my car stolen and broken in to. trust me i know the city been here a long long time but gun shots are a little over the top lol but yeah it is the city

my city is consistantly ranked #1 or #2 as the most dangerous place in calif...I've had it as well,I am halfway boxed up and will sell my house of 33 years ,that has been devalued 65% in the last 5 years ,and head for somewhere unknown as yet,but I am tired of this crap,calif used to be a nice place,you have to be a millionaire to live safe here in the bay area at least.....thinking of st. croix,st. thomas,or maybe the kilimanjaro region,they all are safer than richmond ...

my city is consistantly ranked #1 or #2 as the most dangerous place in calif...I've had it as well,I am halfway boxed up and will sell my house of 33 years ,that has been devalued 65% in the last 5 years ,and head for somewhere unknown as yet,but I am tired of this crap,calif used to be a nice place,you have to be a millionaire to live safe here in the bay area at least.....thinking of st. croix,st. thomas,or maybe the kilimanjaro region,they all are safer than richmond ...

LOL, I knew you were in Richmond after the first sentence! We have many funny stories of friends headed for "The Richmond" ending up in "Richmond" :biggrin1:

St. Thomas is nicer then St. Croix, can't say about kilimanjaro, never been.

I used to go to college in Rochester, NY and crazy stuff went on around my school. Somebody got shot across the street from were I lived, a bunch of kids got robbed at school, bomb-squad got called to my parking lot (nothing was there, but the cops took it very seriously), I'm just glad I was never on the receiving end of the things reported in the weekly security report. I think the fact that I am 6'8" has something to do with it, but if something were to go down involving firearms I would just be a bigger target.

Legion

Staff member
Man. I grew up in a pretty cruddy area, but I never found a bullet hole in my s@#$. Well... once, but I don't think that was indiscriminate, so it doesn't count.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Is that where a bullet would hit if it had come down after someone had fired in to the air on Jan 1?

That's what I'm thinkin also. from the look of the pic, it looks like it is an above photo shot looking down. Isn't that the pavement we are looking at just on the left of the photo?

When I opened this thread, I saw rthe picture before reading the text. I thought it was a picture of the Space Shuttle, or something similar, in orbit. The blue on the right is the Earth as seen from orbit and the black on the left is deep space. The bullet hole and surrounding damage is the space craft.

I think that is window glass not pavement. I don't think a free falling bullet would leave a hole in the medal.. just a dent.

I work in Holmes county In northern Ohio and a young Amish girl was killed a few weeks ago by a stray bullet. A neighbor was 1.5 miles away and fired a muzzle loader in the air. The bullet hit her in the head as she was leaning out of her buggy and as misfortune would have it she was struck in the back of the skull.

I never would have believed this to be true but it was confirmed by the authorties. It was a wake up call for all the hunters in the area, not to fire into the air.

this was not shot into the air it is on the driver side door just below the window. the black that looks like the ground is my weather stripping i took the pic with my phone and it was tilted. I know things happen and i have lived in the city a long long time i just hate carelessness when its so close to home judging by the lack of police response to the area when i spoke to my friend who is chicago cop for another distract that it was probably a stray. Like i said it just bugs me that the people in this city i see it how they drive and act. Hell two years ago i was struck by a car on my motorcycle because they were trying to go around a railroad gate, she hit me then took off.

Wow, I lived in a very bad part of town for a while (people native to the city would look at me funny and then not want to come visit...) and parked my car on the street and nothing like this ever happened to me. The rational thing to do is of course to chalk it up to a fluke (which it was) and move on - but having seen someone gunned down a block from my front door at 6:00PM in the same neighborhood these kinds of things shake you up quite a bit - just a little too close to home literally.

It looks like a larger bore round so I'm thinking that it was fired from quiet a distance. Close range that round would rip through the door.

Move to the suburbs. Evanston is 20 minutes from downtown and though there are parts where gunfire exists, the absolute worst thing around me (nearly Wilmette) is some break-ins every once in a blue moon. In 26 years, my house has never been broken into, nor has any vehicle been stolen. That kind of stuff happens in the city. The gunshots are not a good sign, though.

Wow, I lived in a very bad part of town for a while (people native to the city would look at me funny and then not want to come visit...) and parked my car on the street and nothing like this ever happened to me. The rational thing to do is of course to chalk it up to a fluke (which it was) and move on - but having seen someone gunned down a block from my front door at 6:00PM in the same neighborhood these kinds of things shake you up quite a bit - just a little too close to home literally.

I have lived in some bad parts of the Greater Cleveland area, and some parts that were considered nicer, and I can say that sometimes weird stuff just happens. I am glad that no one was hurt (that you know of).

I lived in Cherry Hill, New Jersey in the 60's. My Dad was a lawyer in Camden. He said that he knew it was time to move when He was walking to work one day when a TV was thrown out a 3rd story apartment.

Top Bottom