What's new

Weishi Adjustable Nostalgic (Black) - Lightning Deal

If anyone is interested, that Weishi Adjustable Nostalgic Razor (Black) is a lightning deal for the next 3 hours or so for $24.99. (Not sure I can mention the site, but is the mega online retailer with the big smile on the box).

I need another razor like I need a hole in my head, or I'd probably have already bought one. Similar to the QShave Parthenon, but only labelled Weishi, and in back of course. Easiest way to find it is to search for Weishi Adjustable, as I stumbled across the deal by accident.

Thanks for posting. It does look like a Parthenon.
The original kickstarter campaign said the Parthenon was a joint venture between Weishi and Qshave, I guess bringing both of the known knowledge together for a razor project. The Qshave Parthenon came out first and then Weishi followed a lot later with their version of it called the Adjustable Nostalgic Razor (they couldn't come up with a better name?). It is basically the same razor with a different grip, and hopefully with improvements that Qshave learned from when they first released the Parthenon.

BTW - price is back up to $36, which is still less than the $49 Parthenon.

Out of interest, does anyone know how these shave?
There are a couple of reviews out on the Parthenon (Qshave version). They were not that great. Some had problems with the adjustment mechanism and blade alignment, but most agreed that the lack of drainage for lather was the real problem to the point where they had to unload the blade during the shave in order to clear the lather. I don't know if the Weishi version corrected any problems, but it did come out a lot later and did retain the drain holes in the original design (which were eliminated by Qshave because it did not clear lather).

According to a January 2019 review on Amazon UK the modified/improved Parthenon with better drainage, less clogging is now on sale from Qshave with ***** rating?

Top Bottom