What's new

WEIRD find! Gillette (me thinks) Aristocrat Junior with a HUGH difference!

Hi @Sgtfda. Thanks for the suggestion. Yea, I guess I could do that (assuming I could find a junker Aristocrat Junior). Then again, since I have a really nice Aristocrat Junior already, I could keep this (missing end cap/knob drop unit) for parts if need. Ooh, I just now shaved using the (missing end cap/knob drop) Aristocrat Junior.
It seem to shave pretty good however, I'm still liking my Gillette TECH better at this point. Time will tell for sure.

SixCats!

Other razor should have the same end cap. I don't have a He so I can't compare. Perhaps others can chime in. Don't give up on it. Nothing like bringing a razor back to life!

Hi again @Sgtfda. Ahhh yes indeed! For me, 90% of the fun is finding a "neglected" Razor and making it look like new! I've gotten pretty good at it! Ooh, despite this Aristocrat Junior missing one end cap (and having Knob drop) this Razor is otherwise in very nice condition. That being said, I may have to "cool my Jets" a bit buying Razors. Since the end of March, I've hunted down/purchased (as of today) forty seven Razors! The above Gillette ABC Silver Scroll handle Old Type was Razor #47. I also today found a nice little Gold Gillette Razor Blade holder/case and a "Made in Germany" Shaving Brush in outstanding condition. I'm still trying to I.D. the make of the Brush. Oooh (unrelated to Shaving/I can't believe this one) I found a PRISTINE (possible NOS) "Don Hume" Leather Holster (Belt/Strong Side/RH) for a 1911 .45 ACP for, lol, one dollar! Don Hume Holsters are wonderful Holsters!
All in all, a GREAT weekend!

SixCats!

Congrats on the ABC! :thumbup:

No need for a camera capable of macro for razors. Any cheap point and shoot or cell phone these days focuses close enough for razors. You could probably find something more than good enough at your next flea market or junk shop for under $20. A flash light or desk lamp will vastly improve shots, or even better prop the camera up on a tripod or whatever and slow the shutter speed down.

Hi again @Sgtfda. Ahhh yes indeed! For me, 90% of the fun is finding a "neglected" Razor and making it look like new! I've gotten pretty good at it! Ooh, despite this Aristocrat Junior missing one end cap (and having Knob drop) this Razor is otherwise in very nice condition. That being said, I may have to "cool my Jets" a bit buying Razors. Since the end of March, I've hunted down/purchased (as of today) forty seven Razors! The above Gillette ABC Silver Scroll handle Old Type was Razor #47. I also today found a nice little Gold Gillette Razor Blade holder/case and a "Made in Germany" Shaving Brush in outstanding condition. I'm still trying to I.D. the make of the Brush. Oooh (unrelated to Shaving/I can't believe this one) I found a PRISTINE (possible NOS) "Don Hume" Leather Holster (Belt/Strong Side/RH) for a 1911 .45 ACP for, lol, one dollar! Don Hume Holsters are wonderful Holsters!
All in all, a GREAT weekend!

SixCats![/QUOTE

I slowed down and became more selective on razors. Holsters grab it when you see s good one cheap!

Hi @troy, thanks for the congrats on the ABC. I almost lost my composure when this Gentleman said he "thought he might have a Razor in his Car" and later returned to the (indoor) Flea Market with this old (me thinks) circa 1909 ABC Silver Scroll Handle Old Type SC Razor (which is in just, outstanding condition). I cleaned it "lightly" and left most of the patina as this one Razor just doesn't need to be all super shinny. As far as Cameras go, ugggh, I really need to up my game and find something to fit my Photography skill level. I can't get over the price of GOOD Cameras. That being said, I suppose I could use my old Canon (cracked screen and all) however, I'd like to find "something" a little bit better but, not too complicated to operate. I don't do so well with "Funky" tech. Heck, even my Phone is an old "flip phone". I use to be a 35mm (mostly Black & White) SLR guy so, all this "digital" stuff I find confusing. Heck, most all my Audio Gear (one of my other hobbies) is vintage TUBE gear. Anyway, that being said, I've had nothing but problems trying to "pull up/past" photographs once I've "down loaded" them onto my Computer. I need to find a better (easy/fool proof) way/system to post photos.

SixCats!

Hi @Sgtfda,

It look very much like this one but for a 1911. I wish I could read the model number to see how old of a Holster I found. One dollar! I can't believe it!

proxy.php

SixCats!

Top Bottom