What's new

Weck Vs AC Blade Razors

Any members have a reason why the Feather and Kai AC blades were adopted for SE razors while the Weck 2 1/4" spined blade was ignored? Still a readily available blade from Personna in a shaving grade coated stainless steel blade and lots of Weck razors still around that use the blade. Even new hair trimmers being made that use it so not likely to be obsoleted any time soon. Weck even made a surgical prep razor in classic SE form that used the blade. The Weck/Personna blade is a bit longer than the Feather but is that a disadvantage?

I would say that the additional blade length is indeed an issue, since many people have complained about about the additional width of the AC blade razors.

There are also more AC blade choices, with at least four manufacturers offering a variety of blades. Weck blade choice is limited to Personna or Diane/Fromm.

Don't get me wrong; I have recently discovered the Wecks and like them a lot but I don't see them (or new razors using the Weck blade) going mainstream.

--Bob

Top Bottom