What's new

Weck Sextoblade Patent Day July 27!

It's almost the patent date for the Weck Sextoblade. Since it rides the line between a SE and a straight razor I figured I would put a link over here for all of you SE guys who have one. And ask that you join me in the straight razor section for a Patent day shave. Hope to see you there.
July 27, Weck Sextoblade Patent Day Shave!

Now it is my understanding that what was patented on 7/27/1909 was the blade and not the razor (or maybe it was both). That being the case, how about all us Weck Wednesday Weckens officially change Weck Wednesday to Weck Whursday for 7/27. Sextoblade razors if you got them, but if not, any Weck razor or hair shaper.

Now it is my understanding that what was patented on 7/27/1909 was the blade and not the razor (or maybe it was both). That being the case, how about all us Weck Wednesday Weckens officially change Weck Wednesday to Weck Whursday for 7/27. Sextoblade razors if you got them, but if not, any Weck razor or hair shaper.
I'm in for a Whursday shave!

Using whatever Weck you have sounds good to me. After all it wouldn't be a party if we didn't invite the kids and grandkids.:thumbsup:
I'll try to join you for Weck Wednesday, if I have the extra time. I have to admit it's been a while since I broke mine out.

I'm new to the Weck bandwagon but firmly on board. I accidently discovered the Sextoblade while I was looking for a Weck Surgical Prep hoe type razor and now am firmly hooked. The Sextoblade will get me through the early part of the straight razor learning curve without a bloodbath, in addition to being a fine shaver in its own right.

So, I'm definitely in for 7/27 patent day and Weck Wednesday as well.

Regarding the actual patent, I did some research (it's a compulsion - I can't help myself) and discovered that Edward Weck was a prolific inventor. He was actually awarded two patents on July 27, 1909.

There was the razor patent, which also included the blade:

proxy.php

In addition, there was a blade patent awarded the same day:

proxy.php

Note the consecutive patent numbers.

This is an interesting blade, with not one but two rib backs. I'm guessing that the actual blade was meant to be very thin, similar in thickness to a DE blade. I found no evidence that this blade ever made it into production.

Between my recent discovery of the Wecks and all the new razors coming out, my vintage SE's are being neglected.

--Bob

Wecks will do it to you. My first serious experience in wet shaving was with a Weck Hair Shaper. Then I went to straights, then DE, Feather AC, Injectors, Gem blades, and finally the Core, but never put down the Weck in all that time.

That's really cool! Love the Old promotional razors, I think that's the first Weck I've seen. Is that an open comb
shaving guard or a hair shaper?
It's hard to see from the pic, but it is an OC guard. Strange thing about this razor is that the box is from one company, and the stencil on the scales are from another. Unless they were making rubber rainbows and their subsidiary was packing them, I don't have an answer. The bottom of the box where there is a tape that sealed it says Sextoblade. I go this one real cheap off eBay a couple of years ago because it was sold as a Rainbow Packing disposable blade razor. Only after I got it, I saw Weck and Sextoblade written, stamped, and printed all over it.

Almost forgot!

Here is what I have. Two Sextoblades, and I threw in both hair shapers as they use the same blades.

DSC_0277.JPG

Top Bottom