What's new

We have hair, finally.

Here is an short, interesting video that explains it

Exactly. It is a very nice finishing tool. I have the adapter which allows me to use all 3 buffs in line on the lathe. It is a great way to finish wooden items like brush handles, Christmas ornaments, pens, bowls, razor scales, etc.

Thanks Joe and Tom, both.... I had no idea. That's cool to watch. I live in an apartment in "the ghetto", so no garage workshop for me... but I like seeing what you guys might do. I don't like superstition, and my prior theory when seeing a buffed handle was, 'it's magic!" It's a terrible way to live.

So thank you for showing me how it's done. Now I (sort of) know! Great looking handles, Joe.

I had never heard of the system before I joined this site. I do a limited amount of woodwork now, and I did not want to spend $100 on the "proper" Beall Buff System, so I did it on the cheap.

I bought 2 cotton, and 1 flannel wheels from Ace hardware for about $6 each, 1/2" bolts, fender washers, and nuts from Wilco Farm store ($5.11), and the 3 different compounds from WoodCrafters ($21).

I just chuck the wheels into a bench mounted drill press, and spin them at about 1800 rpm

proxy.php

Top Bottom