What's new

Water filters

Clean it regularly. Just because it’s water doesn’t mean it won’t get dirty and grow bacteria, mold, algae, etc.

This, for sure. I really like the way water from a Brita tastes--straight, in coffee, tea, juice concentrates, water carbonated with a Soda Stream, ice cubes, whatever. I am suspicious that there is something in that Brita cartridge that adds flavor as well as filtering the water. We have a built in cartridge filter on a separate kitchen faucet--I have no idea what brand--but it never tasted as good as the Brita filtered water to me. Where I live the "city" water straight from the tap seems to be fairly chlorinated. I am not happy if Brita is taking out the fluoride.

i bought a berkey in may. the 4.5 gallon version. fam of 4 that goes through a lot of water daily.

berkey also sells flouride filter too.

Filters do not remove fluoride anyway, an RO is the only thing you can put in your home that will do that

I looked it up. Brita says one of its filters will remove a small amount of flouride from water over the life of a filter. A good thing, as far far as I am concerned.

Top Bottom