What's new

Water filters

I filter at the main with a 5 micron gp, to stop large bits like sand etc.

I have a second charcoal filter on a dedicated faucet at the sink for drinking water which also feeds to th he fridge for cold water and ice

I change both filters regularly.

proxy.php

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Clean it regularly. Just because it’s water doesn’t mean it won’t get dirty and grow bacteria, mold, algae, etc.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I buy distilled water and add trace minerals. It seems the Communist city of Austin dumps flouride into our water for a profit. We went 2 weeks this past year with a "boil your water". ....what????

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I can't say on the in-house faucet filters. I have a three tank whole house system on the well. This reminds me...I need to put a few chlorine tablets in the wellhead to shock the well...just because.

I filter at the main with a 5 micron gp, to stop large bits like sand etc.

I have a second charcoal filter on a dedicated faucet at the sink for drinking water which also feeds to th he fridge for cold water and ice

I change both filters regularly.

proxy.php

That's what I have on the line from the well after it gets through the other filters, except I only have one after the three tank treatment system. It's a string wrapped 20 micron...I think. I'll have to look. I probably need to replace it now.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I buy distilled water and add trace minerals. It seems the Communist city of Austin dumps flouride into our water for a profit. We went 2 weeks this past year with a "boil your water". ....what????

That's why I don't like city or county infrastructure. The only county thing we have here is electricity and the co-op electric service here is good. I'm on my own propane for hot water, cooking, and heat and an electric pump for well water, and have a generator for when the power goes out for an extended period. I hate total electric houses and won't have one.

There are some old cisterns and wells in the small town here from early last century, but the use of water from those has been banned by the city due to contamination from the city. Go figure. Hmmmm.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I bought a Berkey filter, set it up last July 4th actually. Love it. I have well water, just wanted a little better taste. Holds 3.25 gallons, I think.

When I moved to florida, well water was atrocious, got onto city water and put in a passive, pelican system, 1 tank charcoal other tank softener coconut chips.
Best move ever, maybe change out the carbon in a cpl more years. no corrosion on coffee pots, esp nice now I have a breville espresso, boilers will last, no sulfur smell, no noise or electricity.
Water is crystal clear.

Top Bottom