What's new

Watch shopping in the Big Apple - deals to be had?

Hey folks,
I recently suffered a break in and among other things, and all my watches were stolen. None were exceptional timepieces, all less than a few hundred dollars each. I have started looking around for one replacement watch. I'll be going to New York City this weekend for a family visit and I was wondering if good deals are to be had shopping in the city, say the jewelers district, compared to shopping on line retailers?

I am looking for a watch for less than a thousand, probably closer to $500. I like titanium so thinking about the various Citizen and Tissot offerings in titanium with a sapphire crystal. I like something that is just a bit rugged but can also get away with wearing it as a dress watch so nothing too bulky or military/scuba looking.

Any tips and suggestions (including "Don't do it") are welcome!

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

That really sucks. Only buy from authorized dealers. Depending on the shop, some deal with gray market watches that will not be warranted by the manufacturer. It has been a number of years since I have been to the big apple so I can't recommend a specific shop but I remember there was a shop that sells Tag Heuer at incredible prices but they were gray market. Take care.

You can get a solid Tag for around a grand. Sorry but I don't have any specifics good deal spots to offer though, but my buddy in Brooklyn may know somewhere. I will ask.

Last edited:
Top Bottom