What's new

Warm weather cocktails

Pretty much anything featuring lime or lemon juice works. A Sidecar is good. Caipirinha. Dark and stormy.

Then mainstays like Hendricks and tonic, bourbon ginger, radler or an IPA.

And in the right setting, ice cold PBR works too.

Someone recommended Cointreau and Tonic in a similar thread from last year. After having way too many over the last year, I second that recommendation.

Manhattan
Old Fashion
Dark and Storm
Mint Julep
Moscow Mule
St. Germain, Vodka , splash of club soda and some cucumber slices.
Just a plain old Margarita

And the old stand by...Bourbon.

Someone recommended Cointreau and Tonic in a similar thread from last year. After having way too many over the last year, I second that recommendation.

That was me. I was thinking of making one while reading this, but I used it all up making margaritas, which is also a fine summer drink.

It's not a cocktail, but surprised no one has mentioned sangria. I can drink a fair amount while standing in front of the grill on a hot summer day. Goes down too easy.

Vodka and Club with a twist of lime and lemon, or Campari and Soda on ice hits the spot, and if I'm up to it, and want a blast from the 70's, I'll make a batch of brandy slush, using my favorite SoCo 100 proof.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Something I just thought about but haven't had for a little while is a gin and soda, with a squeeze of lemon or lime. More and more, I'm choosing that over a gin and tonic. The soda lets the botanicals in the gin come out more, while the tonic tends to cover them more. Save the tonic for the rum. :thumbup1:

Going through this thread again has made me very very thirsty. I'll definitely be fixing up some of these suggestions and blasting some B.B. King tonight.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Don't overlook a nice, tall glass of iced water. Yep, just H2O with some frozen H2O added for good measure. That will do a great job of cooling you down, and replenishing your lost water ... remember, you dry out faster in the heat of summer. Guzzle that down, and then sip your alcoholic beverage of choice as well.

I'm a fan of the Mojito.
Best one I ever had was at the Luxor in Vegas. Real sugar cane sticks!

If you have a chance, go to Casa Fuente in Caesar's. Hands down the best mojito I've ever had. Cigar selection is very nice also.

Last edited:
Don't overlook a nice, tall glass of iced water. Yep, just H2O with some frozen H2O added for good measure. That will do a great job of cooling you down, and replenishing your lost water ... remember, you dry out faster in the heat of summer. Guzzle that down, and then sip your alcoholic beverage of choice as well.
Wise words Doc! Stay hydrated gents!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I sat out back tonight for 3 hours with a bottle of this.

Just me, my glass, and Pandora.

If you have a chance, go to Casa Fuente in Caesar's. Hands down the best mojito I've ever had. Cigar selection is very nice also.

Yes indeed -- had one of their Tangerine Mojitos and a nice Opus X that I paid way too much for. But it was an excellent drink, an excellent cigar, and it was Vegas, baby! Oh, and the waitresses were very easy on the eyes as well.

Top Bottom