What's new

Warm weather cocktails

Hey all,

So I'm a bourbon guy. No two ways about it. When its warm out though, sometimes I like something a little more... well... light and refreshing. Gin and tonics are a favorite in my house. My wife loves them and I enjoy playing bartender. We usually go for Boodles gin since it is pretty good and dirt cheap. I love Hendricks, Bombay Saphire, and Tanqueray 10, but for the money, I dont really think its worth it for a G&T.

What do you guys like drinking in the warm weather?

Here is my suggestion for a bourbon guy. Plus it is SOPHISTICATED IMO. :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

1 1/2 oz. bourbon
1 oz. Campari
1 oz. sweet vermouth
Tools: mixing glass, barspoon, strainer
Glass: cocktail
Garnish: orange slice, lemon twist or cherry
Stir ingredients well with ice in a mixing glass and strain into a chilled glass. Garnish.

Here is my suggestion for a bourbon guy. Plus it is SOPHISTICATED IMO. :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

1 1/2 oz. bourbon
1 oz. Campari
1 oz. sweet vermouth
Tools: mixing glass, barspoon, strainer
Glass: cocktail
Garnish: orange slice, lemon twist or cherry
Stir ingredients well with ice in a mixing glass and strain into a chilled glass. Garnish.

Ahh..the Boulevardier! one of my fav's..perfect marriage of the Negroni and the Manhattan!

I was surprised that Americano's and Negroni's didn't make the thread until post 67 and 70!

Someone mentioned Campari being expensive; if you can find Luxardo "Bitters" its essentially the same, just as good and a bit cheaper.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I had a ginger mule and a whiskey smash, the other day, and they cut through the hot and humid weather pretty nicely!

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Mint julep, but with soda, and half the sugar. Or mojito, no more than a sprinkle of sugar. Bourbon and diet coke, lots of ice, very tall glass. Or pbr or Miller lite, straight out of an ice water bath. Basically, nothing heavy or sweet, and it's gotta be large, wet, and cold.

Top Bottom