What's new

Wardonia Fixed

You know the Wardonia? Those lovely bakelite razors which don't take regular Gillette-style blades and seem consigned to the shelves of collectors, never to shave again? Well, I have a fix :w00t:

You need to modify the blade ...

proxy.php

Cut off the bits marked X and you'll have something like the blade below.

Install into the razor and you'll see the blade fits well, curves as it should and will perform as intended!

proxy.php

YMMV, naturally ...

EDIT: Snipped, or bent

With the central circular rise, which is about 2mm in height, that presses the blade to the top of the cap there is tonnes of room in there simply to grab some needle-nosed pliers and bend the tab accordingly. After a little practice, you'll get a feel for how to bend the tabs so that the blade still fits snugly and gives an even presentation once tightened up.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

This in turn saves you from the wrath of the Mrs when she discovers that the end of her curved toenail scissors now have nicks at the end :blushing:

Last edited:
I've yet to try it, but picking up a few stragglers from an earlier shave it seemed perfectly smooth.

Nice flex, even presentation and a decent gap for those who like more aggressive shaves; again, smooth though.

I've done that with my wardonia. It shaves very aggressively, but you end up with a very close shave. I am going to use mine again tomorrow. I had two of them, but I piffed one in a passaround box.

Very interesting, Roderick. I know I'm known for being quite a fancier of aggressive shaves, but I found my Wardonia very smooth. I had a Dorco in mine, which I've not used in other razors so that might be it. I have two also and will PIF my lesser one shortly ...

Thanks pjgh, I'll have to try this. I thought I might never get to use my Wardonia. Dr Awkward had a quick fix also, but I haven't tried it yet either. This looks like a better fix though. Thanks for posting!!!

Would you mind posting a link to Dr Awkward's fix? Perhaps the two ideas together could make something foolproof.

I'll try to find it. It was posted within the last week. What he did was cut the blade diagonally in half. Now that I think of it, it might have been for a different brand of razor that also took a proprietary blade. I'll try to find the thread.

My mistake, it seems I've been making a lot of those lately. The thread from Dr Awkward was about a Laural. Although it is an English razor that takes proprietary blades, they are much different. Sorry about the incorrect post.

Very interesting, Roderick. I know I'm known for being quite a fancier of aggressive shaves, but I found my Wardonia very smooth. I had a Dorco in mine, which I've not used in other razors so that might be it. I have two also and will PIF my lesser one shortly ...
It does shave smooth, but I find it can bite you very quickly if you are inattentive when using it.

Top Bottom