What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Making razor scales with no shop, no bench, no experience and no skills.

Nice job. I have a couple of suggestions, get a much smaller end cutter and try to find a 2 - 4 ounce ball peen hammer.

-Mel
Hey man,

I just bought a decent little 4oz. ballpein hammer from Amazon. I also picked up a pair of 6 inch "precision" side cutters designed to cut softer wire, hopefully they'll be sufficient.

Yeah, I've heard about using the spoon, seems like it works well. I'mn hoping the side cutters work. They should, they're designed to cut close and are fairly thin. That sure is a shiny hammer you got there man, I'm jealous. 😂

Ice-Man

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, I've heard about using the spoon, seems like it works well. I'mn hoping the side cutters work. They should, they're designed to cut close and are fairly thin. That sure is a shiny hammer you got there man, I'm jealous. 😂

The Hammer has been polished so it does not dig in or put a scratch on the pin so it gets a nice peen, and it only gets used a few times.

The Hammer has been polished so it does not dig in or put a scratch on the pin so it gets a nice peen, and it only gets used a few times.
Right on, apparently the finish of the hammer will impart or imprint on whatever you're hitting, if it's a softer metal. I polished mine up as well.

P.S.

What type of end-cutter are those, and are they expensive? They look thinner then some of the cutters I've seen around.

Ice-Man

Moderator Emeritus
Right on, apparently the finish of the hammer will impart or imprint on whatever you're hitting, if it's a softer metal. I polished mine up as well.

P.S.

What type of end-cutter are those, and are they expensive? They look thinner then some of the cutters I've seen around.

The flush cutter is made by CK, Precision Top Cutter Full Flush Cut and yes they cut very close.I think I paid around £15. and been worth it

Top Bottom