What's new

Wanting info on '70 short black handle adjustible

I like reading everything I can about vintage items, like instruction manuals and such, even if I don't really need them. Call me a geek, but I think it's neat-o.

Now I have a '70 Gillette adjustible, short black handle, courtesy of a generous member *cough radaddict cough* :001_smile ... and I'm looking for scans of original documentation if anyone has them.

Also, does anybody know what the teeny hole in the bottom of the handle is for? Internal oiling? A catch for disassembly? Or just so they could make fools out of people decades later who ask what the hole is for? :lol:

(BTW, it's like #12 here: here)

I believe the hole is for drainage. The body of the razor is hollow and any water getting in the top center hole under the blade bar needs to go somewhere.

I was hoping for a scan of one of those larger unfolding insert things, but oh well. No biggie.

Yep, drainage hole. I decided that after so much water came out of it yesterday, but I had to hold a cloth to the hole to let it wick out, otherwise it all stayed in there. :glare:

Top Bottom